Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Need Help Fast
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Need Help Fast

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Just Pete

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/19 06:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am running a 1997 3500 ext cab . Converted from 10 cylinder gas to a 96 12 Valve cummins with a 6 speed stick big conversion . It is a 4x4 makes it a bit higher 235/85/26 Hankook mileage 20 mpg 68 mph 1900 rpm . Did a frame off cab sound proofed all new drive parts Got a lot stuck in original injection pump and lift pump . Maybe that was the only thing did wrong ? Have 30000 on truck since build . Thought it was ready for the trip , guess not . I wil get it fixed , Let you know . Have a great new year every body .Pete

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/19 10:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I feel for you having just gone through this scenario myself when my engine seized. Fortunately my brother has the same truck camper and he picked it up on his truck delivering it to my house and had a regular tow truck deliver my F-250. 3500+ dollars later, I have a really nice running rebuild with 1800 miles on it now.

Best wishes for a speedy resolution to your truck issue.

Camper Jeff and Kelli's Blog!
CITAP1 Jeff's YouTube Channel
A CLOSED MOUTH GATHERS NO FEET!

Just Pete

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 12/31/19 12:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey Guys ; Just fineshed getting truck running ; Every thing seams to be good , Wife and I are going to grab a few beers maybe i will get LUCKY start getting ready for trip Hope to leave next week . I learned what to bring along for break downs luckly the 12 valve is like the old chevy small blocks kinda simple . Bring the correct tools and a **** load of LUCK . Pete

ticki2

NH

View Profile

Posted: 12/31/19 12:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So what was the problem?

'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

Just Pete

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/20 10:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fuel shut off was loosing voltage By the time I had figured out I had run the engine fuel system out . Pressureized fuel tank and bleed air out of system Got it running , We can start packing soon . Just want to chill out before we go .

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/20 03:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You know you can just disconnect the fuel solenoid and run er manually, correct?
Visually you can see if it’s working without using a single tool.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/20 03:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Also, your issue would not run the system “out of fuel” and you’d never have to pressurize the tank to prime the system with a properly working lift pump.
(You mention “a lot into the orig ip and lp” but wouldn’t you have $0 into them if original? Are they new or 20 years old?)
Good luck with your repairs and yes it’s wise to never leave the house in a 25 year old completely modified vehicle without a decent bag of tools.
And use google when you don’t know something. Would have saved you days and $100s for something you could have fixed almost literally with just a pair of pliers in about 15 min.

Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/20 06:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Perkins had a manual priming fuel pump under the hood. Even draining water out of the trap required making sure that no air was in the line.

Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate Car Carrier 20-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX 8.75-Ram 5500 HD-Tank Urban Touring 150SE-VW TransBuggy 1200

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Need Help Fast
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.