cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can you tow a 2019 Honda Civic Sadan manual trans 4 down?

joe_julie81
Explorer
Explorer
Motor Home Magazine shows that the Civic coupe, and Hatchback Sport, manuals, are towable 4 down. The very rare 4door sadans have the same 6spd manual transmission. Does anyone have a 4door 2019, or close, Civic that you're towing 4 down?
04 Dodge 3500 dually, HO CTD, 6 spd NV5600, 4.10 anti-spin rear axle; 2018 NorthStar 950sc with 320 solar, sub-zero package, compressor fridge, torklift tie downs
6 REPLIES 6

joe_julie81
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent, Ed, my son is actually taking delivery on a new 2019 Civic sadan 6spd tomorrow. I'll check in his owners' manual to confirm it matches what you posted. I feel sure it will. I knew an automatic and cvt were out of the question. I'm hoping someone is out there using one this wau with some miles of proof behind them. Thanks
04 Dodge 3500 dually, HO CTD, 6 spd NV5600, 4.10 anti-spin rear axle; 2018 NorthStar 950sc with 320 solar, sub-zero package, compressor fridge, torklift tie downs

Ed_Gee
Explorer
Explorer
I found the definitive word from Honda in their 2019 6 speed Jan 2019 Owners Manual:

....and it wasn't easy ! .....

Honda

Towing Behind A Motorhome
Models with continuously variable transmission

Your vehicle is not designed to be towed behind a motorhome. If your vehicle needs to be towed in an emergency, refer to Emergency Towing.

Improper towing such as towing behind a motorhome or other motor vehicle can damage the transmission.

Models with manual transmission

Your vehicle can be towed behind a motorhome. Perform the following procedure before towing your vehicle:
Shift to Neutral.
Release the parking brake.
Turn the ignition switch (or power mode) to ACCESSORY. Make sure the steering wheel does not lock.
Turn off all electrical devices. Do not use any accessory power sockets. This can prevent the battery from running down.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

Ed_Gee
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
What does the owner's manual say?
Page 431 says no recreational towing.
2019 Owner's manual

That is not the manual for the 6 speed turbo manual transmission.....
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Your sedan owner's manual should have that.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
What does the owner's manual say?
Page 431 says no recreational towing.
2019 Owner's manual

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Ed_Gee