Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: I expect a 10 cent price increase in diesel
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> I expect a 10 cent price increase in diesel

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next
down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/27/19 11:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

clicky

I've been reading a few of the reports on the effect of the 2020 sulfur reduction standards for gas and diesel.
I don't see the problem but global Environmentalists are really affecting our pockets.
Some say a price increase of 2 cent a gallon. I hope they are right or a bit high.

* This post was edited 12/28/19 06:50am by an administrator/moderator *

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 12/28/19 05:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'll be happy if Heating Oil only goes up 10 cents a gallon.

We all have different priorities. [emoticon]

All I could afford

North jersey

View Profile

Posted: 12/28/19 06:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just payed $3.09 per gallon for a delivery of heating oil last week in NJ

1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollin’ on 33’s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/28/19 09:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Diesel prices fluctuate so much around here a 10 cent increase would not even be noticeable.

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 12/28/19 09:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ten cents per gallon would equate to $125 a year if you drive 10,000 miles and get 8 miles per gallon. That is really going to eat into my Caviar Budget.

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 12/28/19 09:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Homes are still heated with oil??

Retired JSO

North Georgia Mountains

View Profile

Posted: 12/28/19 10:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Living in Florida, we mostly use our heat pump and on rare occasions, the heat strips. Power company suppliers throughout Florida have started or stopped oil and coal fired boilers in favor of Natural Gas and Solar. We still have some coal and a few nuclear sites operational. In NE Florida, we’ve shuttered local oil and coal plants and are buying power from FPL and Georgia Power supplemented by solar farms and natural gas.

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 12/28/19 10:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Retired JSO wrote:

Living in Florida, we mostly use our heat pump and on rare occasions, the heat strips. Power company suppliers throughout Florida have started or stopped oil and coal fired boilers in favor of Natural Gas and Solar. We still have some coal and a few nuclear sites operational. In NE Florida, we’ve shuttered local oil and coal plants and are buying power from FPL and Georgia Power supplemented by solar farms and natural gas.
The northeast has a large percentage of homes heated by oil fired furnaces. The census bureau puts that figure at 5.7 million households nationwide. With the average family size of 4 people that means nearly 23 million people rely on fuel oil to heat their homes. January tends to be a bit colder in Maine than it is in Miami. Many of those homes have no access to natural gas lines and many of the homeowners don't have several thousands of dollars just sitting around to make conversions to either propane or electric heat. The sun doesn't exactly shine daily in those areas making solar an unfeasible alternative for primary power.

I suppose we could pack up those 23 million residents of New England and other areas that use fuel oil for heating and move them to the Sunshine state to take the pressure off of Diesel prices, but paying a dime a gallon more sounds like a better alternative.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/28/19 11:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

westernrvparkowner wrote:

I suppose we could pack up those 23 million residents of New England and other areas that use fuel oil for heating and move them to the Sunshine state to take the pressure off of Diesel prices, but paying a dime a gallon more sounds like a better alternative.

That's the Trump solution, like what he proposed when he found out Seoul is within striking distance of North Korean missiles, move it further south.

But half seriously, Elon Musk proposed a single site 100x100 miles solar in an empty part of a state like Arizona and it will generate enough power for the entire nation.

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 12/28/19 12:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

That's the Trump solution, like what he proposed when he found out Seoul is within striking distance of North Korean missiles, move it further south.
Sounds as good as building a wall in Colorado.

The way things are going, there's going to be a lot of moving in the next 100 years.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> I expect a 10 cent price increase in diesel
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.