Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: I expect a 10 cent price increase in diesel
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> I expect a 10 cent price increase in diesel

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/30/19 01:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Te new diesels don't stink with the fuel available now. Don't even smell the french fries of Bio diesel, so to speak. I have no intention of doing it but supposedly you can breath from the exhaust pipes of new diesels, no pollutants. so why would we need to make diesel essentially into an expensive kerosene?
I said I expected a ten percent increase others ae saying as much a a $1.25 a gallon initially. And the Industry and Washington is remaining silent about it. We have to pay it or park it. They have no intentions of protecting us from the designs of those tying to force America into electric vehicles and on bicycles.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/19 01:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

down home wrote:

Te new diesels don't stink with the fuel available now. Don't even smell the french fries of Bio diesel, so to speak. I have no intention of doing it but supposedly you can breath from the exhaust pipes of new diesels, no pollutants. so why would we need to make diesel essentially into an expensive kerosene?
I said I expected a ten percent increase others ae saying as much a a $1.25 a gallon initially. And the Industry and Washington is remaining silent about it. We have to pay it or park it. They have no intentions of protecting us from the designs of those tying to force America into electric vehicles and on bicycles.

I think the acid test for all new light duty vehicles sold should be a simple test. Take the engineers who design vehicles and lock them in a garage for an hour or so with their newly designed vehicles running. If they are still alive and in good health a couple hours later they pass the emmision test. If not...they fail and the vehicle can’t be sold.

Just sayin.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/30/19 02:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

down home wrote:

I think the acid test for all new light duty vehicles sold should be a simple test. Take the engineers who design vehicles and lock them in a garage for an hour or so with their newly designed vehicles running. If they are still alive and in good health a couple hours later they pass the emmision test. If not...they fail and the vehicle can’t be sold.

Just sayin.

I concur -- with the proviso that the garage doors are all shut tight.

RGar974417

Robesonia,Pa 19551

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/19 02:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I thought the diesel fuel we buy is low sulfur? So I'm not sure what this is about. Some of you on here think that 10 cents more a gallon isn't a big deal. It is a big deal in states like Pa where the fuel tax is the highest in the nation. And it's a big deal if you run a business and have diesel trucks. Add to that there is a push for a higher federal fuel tax. It just never ends. And what's with knocking the president? He's responsible for the best economy that I can remember.

NJRVer

NJ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/30/19 02:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Price of diesel always inches up in the winter here in the northeast because they divert resources to make fuel oil.

Now if the winter isn't that bad, the price will start dropping in mid February and come spring if they over produced there will be more of a drop.

Fuel oil in my area has started a slow decline. Where there is natural gas, people are converting and where there isn't, people are converting to propane.

Way less maintenance costs involved.

Slownsy

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/30/19 04:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You poor guys in OZ we pay $1.44 per liter of diesel. If you’re president and your economy is so great what are you complaining about.
Frank.

Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.

2oldman

Ca

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/20 01:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Slownsy wrote:

You poor guys in OZ we pay $1.44 per liter of diesel.
So you're in the USA part of Canada?

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/20 01:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

Slownsy wrote:

But who is in OZ?

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/20 01:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

2oldman wrote:

Slownsy wrote:

But who is in OZ?

I don’t know. But he’s not in Canada. Diesel is anywhere from 1.10 to 1.30 per litre right now. So anywhere from 3.40 to 3,80 US dollars per US gallon. Cheaper than where we are in California right now.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/03/20 01:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oz is a mythical land of flying monkeys, witch (witch hunts and witch hunters).

A dig of the man on the White House who keeps on harping about our supposedly good economy, stock market, tariffs (being paid by the Chinese, according to him) and wall being build and paid by Mexico, biggest tax cuts in history that promised each one of us will have lowered tax by $4,000 to $9,000 (and I'm still waiting for mine).

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> I expect a 10 cent price increase in diesel
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.