Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class C vs Class A - Length
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Class C vs Class A - Length

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
GTO66

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 12/29/19 10:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would think a super c would be closer to a class A.

DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/29/19 10:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GTO66 wrote:

I would think a super c would be closer to a class A.

A super C can be very big, but I can't afford a super C. Well, maybe I could, but it's not in my budget. That's two different things for me.

I'm trying to compare a regular Class C to a Class A. And even in a Super C you're going to lose a lot of living area length with the front end and driver's section. Even more lost than in a regular C.

garmp

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/29/19 02:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JaxDad wrote:

If you’re a ‘camper’ who wants a mobile hotel room with big screen TV, you’ll want the A, if you’re a camper who wants a hard-sided tent with washroom, kitchen and beds and spend most of your time outside, you’ll be very happy with the C.

X2

Our Phoenix Cruiser 2100, "Bob", has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

navegator

San Diego CA.

View Profile

Posted: 12/29/19 08:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Best thing to do is start kiking tires and look at both A and C units, wife found an A unit that she liked, then we saw a C unit of the same length, the A unit only had a dinette no couch and of course the queen bed in rear, small counter in the galley shower on one side and head on opposite side, the C has a queen bed on the overhead, left side door, dinette, refrigerator, stove with oven micro above then comes the sink in front of the rear window and then the the head in rear and left with shower, sink, toilet and cabinets above and bellow, then we have a pantry with a drawer under and a two door closet with 2 drawers under, then we have a couch that converts to a bed, no slides and we have been traveling since we retiered in 2008, look at what you need rather than what looks good or novel, we actually have more strorage than the A and that includes the generator.

navegator

Chum lee

Albuquerque, NM

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/19 01:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IMO, the biggest difference in interior space between a Class A and a Class C (gasser) of similar lengths is that the floor/ceiling space in a Class A is mostly all on the same level except for the engine bay cover and the door steps. Not so with the Class C. In a Class C, the lower driver and front passenger floor space (and less headroom due to the overhead bunk) causes that space to be much less flexible which is very important functionally. Of course, various models differ due to their design.

Chum lee

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Class C vs Class A - Length
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.