cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New 2020 Ford engines for Super Duty (gas or diesel) who has one, or towed with one?

4wheelingNUT__
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have a 2020 yet (gas or diesel), or towed with one yet?
20 REPLIES 20

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
FishOnOne wrote:
I like the '17-'19 Super Duty's, but I really like the '20 Super Duty... Here's a guy from your neck of the woods who I like to watch who just purchased a '20 Super Duty jewel. :C

Link

I'm talking to myself to resist the urge...

I also like this one!

I'm getting '22 MY

JTrac
Explorer
Explorer
mich800 wrote:
goducks10 wrote:
I wonder if Ford has fixed the death wobble on the new 2020. Over on the IRV2 site there's a thread about Fords death wobble and the TSB thats out. Looks like a band-aide fix coming Jan.

Unfortunately that always seems to be the case when this issue pops up. The new Jeep and Ram has also had issues with this and difficult to resolve.

I've driven mine for a couple of days now. It is much more solid in the front end than what my 17 was. I had to change the steering stabilizer in the 17 to get rid of the bump steer. I've intentionally driven the 20 over some bad roads to see what happens and nothing but normal. No shaking or anything and that was before I changed the shocks. I had ordered a set of Fox 2.0 shocks before I got it. That is one of the first things I do when I get a new truck, get the factory ones off and put a set of good ones on. The ride with the Fox shocks is really much smoother and controlled.

Power wise there is a noticeable difference in the seat of the pants torque. The 10 speed is almost like driving the wife's Subaru with its CVT. Very smooth with very little feel of any shifting. I had the adaptive cruise set at 75 on the way home and got stuck behind a car going 60. When I moved over to go around it got back to 75 very quickly but never shifted out of 10th gear. It will be a while before I tow anything so can't say anything about that yet.
JimT
2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, 2020 Ford F350, Platinum, 6.7 diesel, 4X4, CCLB, SRW, 12,400 GVWR

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
blofgren wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Iโ€™m really liking these new โ€˜20 Super Dutyโ€™s and yes Iโ€™m also hearing the 6.7 PSD feels really strong but I havenโ€™t heard anything on the 7.3 yet

Who would have thought you would really like the new Fords?? ๐Ÿ˜‰

We are expecting a 7.3L F350 to be delivered to my work any day now; I'll try to get it out for a spin and report back. :C

I like the '17-'19 Super Duty's, but I really like the '20 Super Duty... Here's a guy from your neck of the woods who I like to watch who just purchased a '20 Super Duty jewel. :C

Link

I'm talking to myself to resist the urge...

I also like this one!
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
Iโ€™m really liking these new โ€˜20 Super Dutyโ€™s and yes Iโ€™m also hearing the 6.7 PSD feels really strong but I havenโ€™t heard anything on the 7.3 yet

Who would have thought you would really like the new Fords?? ๐Ÿ˜‰

We are expecting a 7.3L F350 to be delivered to my work any day now; I'll try to get it out for a spin and report back. :C
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œWaiting fore the GM 8.0L big block due out later in 2020 and of course the RAM 9.0L big blockโ€œ

What do you need 8 or 9 liters for nowadays? Your signature was last updated in 2015.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m looking forward to reading these reviews and believe they will be entirely positive.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
JTrac wrote:
4wheelingNUT!! wrote:
JTrac wrote:
They are just hitting the dealers so probably not many yet. Join the Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forum, 2017+Super Duty (ford-truck.com/forums/forum279) and you might get more information. It's a pretty active forum and a few have had their ordered 7.3's delivered. I haven't seen any reports of anyone towing anything yet with either the 7.3 or the newly upgraded 6.7 diesel. Initial reports are good on both.
A friend of mine test drove a 2020 model F-450 diesel, and told me he could tell a pretty significant difference in it versus his 2017 F-450 set up the same way. He said it's a hoss, and it has a little different sound to it when idling, he said a more noticeable lop to it, versus the previous. He was very impressed with the overall performance. I have yet to test drive one, but hope to soon. We have quite a few diesels showing up on our local dealers lots, but no big gasser's yet. You look like you have one coming, how is it speced out, obviously a diesel, single rear wheel, long bed, 4wd, it looks like from your signature. What all will you tow? Sounds like a nice rig!

I pick mine up in the morning. It is being delivered to the dealer this afternoon. Besides the 4X4 Platinum, diesel, long bed it will have the 3.31 e locker, bed spray, 5th wheel prep, upfitter switches, customer installed trailer camera, block heater, rapid heat with 397 alternator, cab lights, and fitted floor mats. It will pull our fifth wheel and bass boat, not at the same time. We are looking at maybe downsizing our fifth wheel in the next year.

What does that have to do with a thread about the new 7.3 gasser?
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
4wheelingNUT!! wrote:
JTrac wrote:
4wheelingNUT!! wrote:
JTrac wrote:
They are just hitting the dealers so probably not many yet. Join the Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forum, 2017+Super Duty (ford-truck.com/forums/forum279) and you might get more information. It's a pretty active forum and a few have had their ordered 7.3's delivered. I haven't seen any reports of anyone towing anything yet with either the 7.3 or the newly upgraded 6.7 diesel. Initial reports are good on both.
A friend of mine test drove a 2020 model F-450 diesel, and told me he could tell a pretty significant difference in it versus his 2017 F-450 set up the same way. He said it's a hoss, and it has a little different sound to it when idling, he said a more noticeable lop to it, versus the previous. He was very impressed with the overall performance. I have yet to test drive one, but hope to soon. We have quite a few diesels showing up on our local dealers lots, but no big gasser's yet. You look like you have one coming, how is it speced out, obviously a diesel, single rear wheel, long bed, 4wd, it looks like from your signature. What all will you tow? Sounds like a nice rig!

I pick mine up in the morning. It is being delivered to the dealer this afternoon. Besides the 4X4 Platinum, diesel, long bed it will have the 3.31 e locker, bed spray, 5th wheel prep, upfitter switches, customer installed trailer camera, block heater, rapid heat with 397 alternator, cab lights, and fitted floor mats. It will pull our fifth wheel and bass boat, not at the same time. We are looking at maybe downsizing our fifth wheel in the next year.
Sounds real nice! Post some pictures if you get a chance.

X2...

4wheelingNUT__
Explorer
Explorer
JTrac wrote:
4wheelingNUT!! wrote:
JTrac wrote:

Sounds real nice! Post some pictures if you get a chance.

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
I wonder if Ford has fixed the death wobble on the new 2020. Over on the IRV2 site there's a thread about Fords death wobble and the TSB thats out. Looks like a band-aide fix coming Jan.

Unfortunately that always seems to be the case when this issue pops up. The new Jeep and Ram has also had issues with this and difficult to resolve.

BenK
Explorer
Explorer
Waiting fore the GM 8.0L big block due out later in 2020 and of course the RAM 9.0L big block

The old mine is bigger, king of the hill is good for us big block folks.

The GM 8.0L big block just might change my mind...would take the new body style and those too many bells and whistles (for me)

Battle Of The Bulge - GM Making 8.0-L Engine To Take On Ford's Massive 7.3-L V8

https://www.hotcars.com/gm-8-l-engine-takes-on-ford/

8.0L LFI, BRUTE STRENGTH WITH ADAPTABILIT

https://www.gmpowertrain.com/assets/images/products/pdf/gm-powertrain-8.0-l-lfi-engine-features-specifications.pdf
-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Iraqvet05 wrote:
NRALIFR wrote:
Is the 7.3 an available option on the F450 King Ranch pickup? If it is, I couldnโ€™t figure out how to change it from the Diesel engine it defaults to.

:):)

It looks like the 7.3 will only be available in the chassis cab in the F-450...if I am reading this correctly. I don't think Ford makes the chassis cab in anything higher than an XLT trim:
7.3 media release

Thanks. Thatโ€™s disappointing though. Hopefully it will be an option in later model years. I still like the other options that are available on the F450, like the wide track front axle, 19.5โ€™s, and one of those e-locker axles would be awesome. Iโ€™m not ready for a new truck though, so I can wait. Give that 7.3 a few model years to mature.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!