Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Is Socializing a Dying Thing in the RV Community?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Is Socializing a Dying Thing in the RV Community?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 18  
Prev  |  Next
colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/20 08:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Never did care for large gatherings but not going to be a hermit either.

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/17/20 08:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lakeside013104 wrote:

To Pat & Chris,

I like your post. A lot of very truthful ideas and observations.
OH yes, my hair is red. People do not generally like red hair unless it is on a lady. I have personally experienced the prejudice some have toward redheads. Maybe I should start a protest like some of the other idiotic protests out there folks are having just because someone has a different take on a given subject.

A long time ago my parents told me, "If you don't have something 'good' to say about someone, keep your mouth shut". Wow, if that idea got loose, there would be people that disagreed with the wisdom of the statement.

To each, their own. I don't have to agree with you to talk about a subject. If folks feel like being by their-selves rather than mingle with other parts of the RV crowd, so be it. If folks want to socialize, that is fine also.

My personal pet peeve is someone who is or who acts ignorantly. I have no patience for such things, so when someone with ignorant tendencies shows up, I make distance my friend. It is very easy to turn and walk away and leave all the drama behind. Time to go fishing, or golfing, or just go read a book, or maybe even gaze at all the natural beauty that surrounds us.

Mingle or don't mingle. Do whatever you want as long as it does not impede my personal environment.

Enjoy RVing / camping until you can't!

Lakeside

You would kill the internet forums. [emoticon]

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

TechWriter

On The Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/17/20 09:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lakeside013104 wrote:

A long time ago my parents told me, "If you don't have something 'good' to say about someone, keep your mouth shut".

I think that's what Thumper said to Bambi. It works in a children's movie.

2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP
Full Timer since May 2013
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/20 04:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No. Now it is rapidly increasing in popularity.

Pangaea Ron

Anacortes, WA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/20 08:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Parts of that movie frightened me.

2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

fullmoonoversalem

Alaska

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/24/20 01:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Walaby wrote:

I think rally's appeal to different types of people. Im not anti-social, but I don't necessarily enjoy the mass gatherings of people in an RV rally atmosphere.

I can sorta understand the new towable folks being a tad clannish. Remember, the "perception" likely was/is, "the coach folks opened up FMCA to towables because they needed new members in order to quit losing money". That may or may not be true, but I suspect when they arrived, and saw all the coach guys, they probably did just migrate to other towable folks. Honestly, I might have done the same, who knows.

I was at one campround a couple years ago, where there was a FMCA rally going on. Two folks left me with a bad impression for all. Doubt their behavior was indicative of the group at large, but it just seemed like "arrogance". One, an older lady, would take her dog out to do it's doo, and she let it do it's doo right in front of our friends 5th wheel... and of course never bothered to pick it up. I didn't find out about that until the last day, because I surely would have called her out.

Anyways, it's not surprising that like personnel are a tad clannish.

Mike

I think in the case of towables and others, people tend to gravitate towards people who have equipment like their own. We find that now that we have a B other B people come to meet us. I, personally, like to see what is out there, but unless I am going to a rally, etc., we kind of stick to ourselves. Mostly because we RV to "get away" from people. After we retired we did a lot of volunteering in situations where we had to deal with people, and enjoy being on our own after all that.

2017 Coachmen Galleria

memtb

Wyoming

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/25/20 07:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don’t think that it’s dying! I distinctly remember talking to someone a few years back! [emoticon] memtb

Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

lakeside013104

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/25/20 01:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CFerguson wrote:

lakeside013104 wrote:

...I try to give back 'twice' what I get. Show kindness toward me you get double the kindness back. Being ignorant to me, well you get the idea.........

Lakeside

You and I think alike. I like to say that I'll be your best friend or your worst enemy and I'll let you decide which way it will be.

Works for me Mr Ferguson

Lakeside

lakeside013104

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/25/20 02:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TechWriter wrote:

lakeside013104 wrote:

A long time ago my parents told me, "If you don't have something 'good' to say about someone, keep your mouth shut".

I think that's what Thumper said to Bambi. It works in a children's movie.

Your insinuating only children do the 'right' thing. Too bad 'intelligent' adults can not follow suit......there in lays the problem!

Lakeside

Planning

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 05/02/20 09:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We use our RV as our hotel while traveling. We do not boondock or "camp". We have lived decades in extremely rural environments and have zero desire to replicate austere rusticity. We prefer as many residential comforts as possible; no "cook-outs", no campfires, no pets, and clean, climate controlled comfort.

We enjoy our privacy and in kind do not intrude upon others. We did not enter into RVing as a social encounter; we use it as a comfortable and private mode of travel.

2016 AF 29-5K; 2016 F350 6.7, 4x4, CCLB DRW

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 18  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Is Socializing a Dying Thing in the RV Community?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.