cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1999 holiday Rambler Endeavor

dgendeavor
Explorer
Explorer
Hi I'm am new to this forum. I really could use some help. I'm trying to locate the side out control box on my holiday Rambler. We have the power gear set up on our side. Does any one know where it is mounted on this year coach. Thanks Doug
16 REPLIES 16

dgendeavor
Explorer
Explorer
Fred I have looked in the ceiling of all the compartments and don't see any panels to open up. The side floor isn't that thick. So I don't think it could be mounted in it. The only wires I have found in the side is the 1-10 wires for outlets and microwave that are under the sink. I also have this posted on another Rv forum with no luck. But everyone has given great Suggestions. Its amazing it is this hard to find. Ugh.

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
One more thought. If you can extend the slide, get under the slide and look around at the motor, etc. There is probably room to mount the relay box there (but it certainly would not be a good choice). I'd also look in the upper part of the storage bins below the slide motor.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

dgendeavor
Explorer
Explorer
Our doors also don't have any safety switches on them. Thanks Doug

dgendeavor
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys. Mine is a diesel pusher. I have looked in the battery compartment and the last one on passenger side also. There is a plastic cover mounted in the top of the compartment but it's all electrical boxes for the motor or freightliner related.
There isn't anything behind the switches for the side the wires go in the wall and head down toward the floor. Open it all suggestions. I also have posted on IRV2. With no luck there yet either. I can't believe it been this hard.

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor DP for years, and I don't remember ever looking for the controller (relay box) but thought it was in the cabinet box behind the slide out switch panel.
Look at the link below as I think it is the service manual for your model slide. About page 20 you can at least see a sketch of the item that you are hunting.

Link to Power Gear Manual for slide

Also look in the electric bay driver side front of coach. My Endeavor also had a plastic box in the upper part of the storage bay near the rear tire on passenger side. I don't remember it containing anything other than the Vehicle Data Controller, and two other boxes. I thought those were for the transmission and engine. Might be worth a look there also.
You might also ask on the IRV2 site in the forum for Monaco coach owners as there are a number of Holiday Rambler owners that read that forum.
Good luck with your search.
Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

oldave
Explorer
Explorer
Doug on my Windsor the slide control is in the right rear( pass side )
electrical bay .
If you have an electrical bay back there yours may be there also .
It is just a board with relays and a 5 amp fuse which can stop the
slide .

Have you made sure all the bay doors are closed and sure the switches
are operating and not bent .

Ray

grldst
Explorer
Explorer
Doug, is yours a gas or diesel model? My references are for a diesel model.

dgendeavor
Explorer
Explorer
I have checked there with no luck. Thank you for your input. Doug

tomgagne
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2002 diplomat and the slide controller is in the battery box

grldst
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like you looked at the panel to your left if you are sitting in the drivers seat. The panel that has the allison electronic shift control. What I was referring to in my above post is under the dash right in front of you when you're sitting in the drivers seat. On my 2000 there is a control board for the Power Gear jacks to the left of the steering colume. This control board also has about 4 fuses in it.

dgendeavor
Explorer
Explorer
I looked under the dash again. With the million wires. Lol. I don't see anything I opened up the plastic door panel if you call it that and nothing there but the air line for the parking brake and wires for the transmission.

dgendeavor
Explorer
Explorer
I have pulled the switches out and there is nothing behind it. Just the wires going into the wall and headed to the floors. I'll check under the dash again. Thanks for the suggestions! Doug

grldst
Explorer
Explorer
I am currently running a 2000 Endeavor. I have never looked for the control board for the slide out, but thought I could offer a couple of hints. The board for the Power Gear Jacks is under the dash in the area where your left foot is when sitting in the drivers seat. Maybe that board controls both or the slide board is in the same area. Another place I'd look is behind the switch for the slide in the cabinet.

dgendeavor
Explorer
Explorer
I looked in that area. I just don't see it. My daughter and I have been looking high and low over the coach for this thing with no luck. The wires are almost impossible to trace. like a new car they don't make things easy to fix. Ugh.