Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Glacier 2020 vanished
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Glacier 2020 vanished

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/20 06:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pianotuna,

https://principia-scientific.org/climate........hock-90-percent-worlds-glaciers-growing/
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/envir........19/03/one-part-of-greenland-ice-growing/
https://www.iceagenow.com/List_of_Expanding_Glaciers.htm
https://phys.org/news/2017-02-zealand-unusual-glaciers.html
https://www.livescience.com/48256-asia-karakoram-glaciers-stability.html
https://weather.com/news/climate/news/20........9iaTm5gIVHoVaBR2pEQdGEAMYASAAEgK5V_D_BwE
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/06/19/i........explain-nasas-growing-greenland-glacier/

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

ericosmith

Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/20 09:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just wondering if this has anything to do with RVing, at least in my lifetime.

schlep1967

Harrisburg, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/03/20 04:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ericosmith wrote:

Sure it does. You should start a business installing skids on campers in place of the wheels. Up there in Michigan you need to be prepared for the next ice age. Or the continuation of this one... Be prepared. You don't want to be the caveman they are removing from the ice in 3 million years.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
2009 Open Range 385RLS
Pull-Rite Super Glide

RGar974417

Robesonia,Pa 19551

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/20 06:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When the earth was formed it was hot and dinosauers roamed the earth. Then it got cold and we had the Wolly Mammoth. Then it started to warm up again. It is a cycle. Yes the glaciers are melting faster because they are smaller. Try this experiment. Take a hug pile of snow and a small pile of snow. Both are in the sun. Which one will melt faster? The small one. Same with glaciers.

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/20 06:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit Dog?

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/03/20 06:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RGar974417 wrote:

When the earth was formed it was hot and dinosauers roamed the earth. Then it got cold and we had the Wolly Mammoth. Then it started to warm up again. It is a cycle. Yes the glaciers are melting faster because they are smaller. Try this experiment. Take a hug pile of snow and a small pile of snow. Both are in the sun. Which one will melt faster? The small one. Same with glaciers.

Ah not quite, if the earth's history was represented by a 4500 page book, dinosaurs don't show up until page 4270 and vanish, not counting birds on page 4430. Mammoths arrive around page 4997. Humans arrive in prototype form around the same time. Most of that book is unknown to us, we know a little about the last 500 pages and very spotty information about the pages before that.

Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2012 Ford F-350 4WD Lariat 6.7L
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/03/20 07:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Actually, it does. One has to wonder with all the doom and gloom forecasts of the demise of glaciers if people panicked and flocked to them to see them "just in case".

schlep1967

Harrisburg, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/03/20 12:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agesilaus wrote:

RGar974417 wrote:

Ah not quite, if the earth's history was represented by a 4500 page book, dinosaurs don't show up until page 4270 and vanish, not counting birds on page 4430. Mammoths arrive around page 4997. Humans arrive in prototype form around the same time. Most of that book is unknown to us, we know a little about the last 500 pages and very spotty information about the pages before that.

I almost agreed with you until you got to page 4997 of a 4500 page book... Is that a prequel to the sequel or the other way around?

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/20 01:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

schlep1967 wrote:

agesilaus wrote:

RGar974417 wrote:

I almost agreed with you until you got to page 4997 of a 4500 page book... Is that a prequel to the sequel or the other way around?

ROFLMAO......I would assume the Mammoths will be back in volume 2. Tasty Mammoths. Imagine the size of the Porterhouse cut.

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/03/20 01:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

-----------------------------
LOL you got me there, should be 4497 of course.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Glacier 2020 vanished
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.