cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Atwood Levelegs

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have one jack that will only go down half way & isn't touching the ground, this jack will retract OK...this jack is on a 2007 Allergo 32BA using the electric jack system...anyone have this problem?...if so what did you do to repair the problem?
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo
5 REPLIES 5

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
I used the nut on the jack motor to run the motor left & right & I heard a clicking sound?? don't know what this was?? but I then tried to work the jacks & all jacks worked as they should...not sure how long they will keep working.
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
My Atwood jacks are history.. just received word that they have been removed and HWH hydraulic jacks installed and that they work โ€beautifullyโ€. Will pick up my coach next Monday. Iโ€™m excited. For the first time in 12 years I will no longer worry about wether I can leave when Iโ€™m ready to travel. I never liked the Atwoodโ€™s. Bought the coach new and one jack was replaced under warranty before I ever left town. Have had 4 other coaches over the years and each had HWH jacks and never had one problem with them. Hope I have same experience with these.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

Bruce_Brown
My guess would be a chipped gear. They're easy to work on. If you want to take it apart I might have some parts for you.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
I have off and off trouble leveling and retracting my level legs for about two years. Have cleaned all connections, found that engine on fast idle helped and many times I had to recycle them numerous times to get them to retract. Last trip I had to lay in a mud puddle to retrace one jack so we could travel. In another 2 weeks I will have lots of spare parts as my new HWH leveling system is being delivered to my dealer as I write this. Itโ€™s not cheap but Iโ€™m sick and tired of not knowing if Iโ€™m leaving when I want to or if Iโ€™m going to play with jacks. It will be the last time I have to lay in the mud to get the jacks up. Call HWH theyโ€™ll instal a new system or sell and deliver to a capsbile dealer. Wonโ€™t be cheap but it will be good
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
May not be your problem but when my previous RV reached that age I started having problems with the jack motors. Cured by removing the motors and cleaning the commutator and brushes/brush rigging. What was happening on mine was 15 years of "brush dust" was causing the brushes to stick in their rigging and lose good contact with the motor's commutator, getting it burned and nasty. They would start running but any load/binding would just stop the motor. Some fine sandpaper fixed it along with cleaning brushes and brush holders. The first one I pulled the jack off to do it, once I knew how they went together, I was able to do the rest attached with a long socket extension to reach the motor mounting bolts.