cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to lose an awning

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
This isn't a trick of the photo, this awning is literally over the roadway. I drove under it in just my truck.

2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page
21 REPLIES 21

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
ksg5000 wrote:
Oasisbob wrote:
The guy may not have seen it from where you did. If it were me I would politely point it out to them. I can see a rig comming in at night and catching that corner.

x2. People make mistakes.

Oh Iโ€™m sure they did! They just donโ€™t care or arenโ€™t smart enough to realize the problem.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
JMO, but all in all the place looks a bit haphazard to me. I don't think I would stay there if I had other options.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
opnspaces wrote:
Come on, the suspense is killing me. It's morning, is the awning still there? ๐Ÿ™‚

For the folks saying I should have stopped, I would have but we were short on time with dinner reservations and no one was outside. Every other time I've driven past (maybe 2 times), it's been in.

The awning has been out and in a few times. My wife said a motorhome had to drive on the grass to the right to get around it.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Come on, the suspense is killing me. It's morning, is the awning still there? ๐Ÿ™‚
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Oasisbob wrote:
The guy may not have seen it from where you did. If it were me I would politely point it out to them. I can see a rig comming in at night and catching that corner.

x2. People make mistakes.
Kevin

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
This is what "can" happen when you have an electric awning.

5 will get you ten here is what happened.

They pull into a campground and make sure they are clearly within their site. They get all set up with water and electricity and all of that and they get into their trailer and someone pushes the button for the awning. The awning pops out and wala; instant problems! They don't even know they have a problem because they are in their trailer pushing buttons.

That's one thing I don't like about this auto stuff. If you don't double check things you can get into trouble.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Wait till he drops the ramp and parks the pair of Harleys behind it.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
One of those places that say they are big rig friendly, then you get there and it's NOT!

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
hope you stopped and warned him.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't say a word. How could the owner not know? I'd bet he knows and could care less? Not his fault his rig will not fit in the site. A moron.

It looks like he'll have the whole loop lit up like Las Vegas come this evening with those perty blue lights he has on at noon, so cool.

If anything ask him if he has one of those patio kits for the ramp door. He should deploy that too.

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
that place looks horrible. rather camp in my driveway. more room and my own rules.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
And its black too so any late arrivals will have a harder time noticing it while searching for their site.

If you get rebuffed, report it to CG mgmt. They'll fix it.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Diaster just waiting to happen. So much for a walkaround check.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad