Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Do y'all see the IRONY here?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Do y'all see the IRONY here?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Healeyman

Carrollton, TX

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/20 11:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/20 11:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hmmmm, an EV with an "ELECTRONS" license plate at a Veefil charging station in Australia with what appears to be a national park bumper sticker on it. Nope, I must be missing something...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Cloud Dancer

San Antonio and Livingston TX USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/20 12:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Global warming solutions, but they had to run the air conditioner too much, so they stopped at the emergency charging station. Or, is it a close encounter of the 4th kind?

Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/20 12:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had a conversation about solar power and electric cars last week with a friend of mine who works for the weighs and means department. He adamantly agreed with me that neither residential solar power or electric cars are good for the environment. Long story short, the process to manufacture solar panels and electric car batteries uses so much resources, and the manufacturing process produces a lot of waste and very caustic chemicals, the lifespan of the products and their subsequent disposal is not only costly it's often hazardous - all of these (and more) points mean that solar power and electric cars are not eco friendly, often they're worse.

And not losing the irony in the OP's pic, electric cars still need a power source to charge them - and that is often fossil fuel. So you are not only just transferring the production of power and all it's existing carbon impacts, you've now created new waste.

Electric cars make a lot of people sleep better at night thinking they are saving the planet, but they aren't. It's akin to cutting down acres of forest to put up a solar farm.

gtnsmlr

Camarillo, CA

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/20 03:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is that setup wired into a big stinky generator?

The older we get, the faster we go

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/20 06:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Saw a mocha?colored Prius on the side of the road yesterday. Enough juice for flashers but that was all, apparently. Sh was on the cell so some help on the way.
Wouldn't have done any good for me to stop, s I don't have any kind of adapter form 12 volt to whatever voltage plug. Ad it would have taken the rest of the eevening or longer to get her underway.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/20 06:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A Prius isn't totally electric, so it could have been his gasoline engine that let him down.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

All I could afford

North jersey

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/20 07:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

She probably forgot you have to put gas in the thing once in a while, even if it gets great mileage.

1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollin’ on 33’s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/20 08:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

way2roll wrote:

Had a conversation about solar power and electric cars last week with a friend of mine who works for the weighs and means department. He adamantly agreed with me that neither residential solar power or electric cars are good for the environment. Long story short, the process to manufacture solar panels and electric car batteries uses so much resources, and the manufacturing process produces a lot of waste and very caustic chemicals, the lifespan of the products and their subsequent disposal is not only costly it's often hazardous - all of these (and more) points mean that solar power and electric cars are not eco friendly, often they're worse.

And not losing the irony in the OP's pic, electric cars still need a power source to charge them - and that is often fossil fuel. So you are not only just transferring the production of power and all it's existing carbon impacts, you've now created new waste.

Electric cars make a lot of people sleep better at night thinking they are saving the planet, but they aren't. It's akin to cutting down acres of forest to put up a solar farm.

SPOT ON!

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
On the Road Debt Free April '07
Off the road still Debt Free Jan. '14

Bowling Green, KY

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/20 08:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Folks, we aren’t going to operate on hearsay. The topic is more important. If the pros/cons of various energy sources are going to be discussed please cite studies done on the topic. Thanks and Happy New Year!!!

* This post was edited 01/02/20 08:59pm by Moderator *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Do y'all see the IRONY here?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.