Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Wierd bathroom water problem
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Wierd bathroom water problem

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/20 05:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DFord wrote:

The first thing I'd check is to see if there's a check valve in the outlet of the water heater. If you have just one valve to change to winterize, you probably have a check valve. The check valve has a small disk that blocks the flow of water back into the water heater. That disk is plastic/nylon and is held in place with a spring. I've seen several of them come loose from the spring and lodge in the outlet of the water heater. It's hard to get to the back of the water heater to get at the check valve. There's no maintenance. You must replace it. I found a replacement with a metal disk right next to ones with the plastic disk. Choose carefully.

HOT water works....OP has issue with COLD to bathroom sink and toilet

OP....
Tolet sprayer works (as desgin---only when toilet is flushing)
but you have low flow to toilet.
That suggests toilet inlet to bowl/rim is plugged up with minerals/debris
Same with that cold side of faucet.

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
On the Road Debt Free April '07
Off the road still Debt Free Jan. '14

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/20 05:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is one reason the primary reason for good or great water filters for every bit of water that enters the Motorhome not just the the drinking water spigot.Every new Motorhome has a built in filter system but older ones,, some don't, and mny times no body changes them and they bypass dirty water into the Coach. I've trying to figure out how to intall a filter inside our bay with limited space

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/20 05:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is one reason the primary reason for good or great water filters for every bit of water that enters the Motorhome not just the the drinking water spigot.Every new Motorhome has a built in filter system but older ones,, some don't, and mny times no body changes them and they bypass dirty water into the Coach. I've trying to figure out how to intall a filter inside our bay with limited space

All I could afford

North jersey

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/20 07:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a similar situation with sudden low cold water pressure in one fixture. I turned off the water spigot outside, opened my cold low point drain, disconnect the cold feed pipe tp the problem faucet, and shot compressed air into the pipe. Upon reconnecting the faucet, full water flow was restored, but it happened again a few days later, so I had to repeat the process. Some crud was restricting flow, and then it made its way to faucet screen

1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollin’ on 33’s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

Beverley&Ken

Tottenham,Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/20 09:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Old-Biscuit wrote:

DFord wrote:

The first thing I'd check is to see if there's a check valve in the outlet of the water heater. If you have just one valve to change to winterize, you probably have a check valve. The check valve has a small disk that blocks the flow of water back into the water heater. That disk is plastic/nylon and is held in place with a spring. I've seen several of them come loose from the spring and lodge in the outlet of the water heater. It's hard to get to the back of the water heater to get at the check valve. There's no maintenance. You must replace it. I found a replacement with a metal disk right next to ones with the plastic disk. Choose carefully.

HOT water works....OP has issue with COLD to bathroom sink and toilet

OP....
Tolet sprayer works (as desgin---only when toilet is flushing)
but you have low flow to toilet.
That suggests toilet inlet to bowl/rim is plugged up with minerals/debris
Same with that cold side of faucet.

X2 Probably minerals/debris in system has broken loose and those were either the first two used.

Ken

2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

All I could afford

North jersey

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/20 07:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’m curious if this problem was resolved, and if so, how.

atsrmf

Indio

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/20 08:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is blockage at the faucet, disassemble and clear it out. It could be small a piece of gasket or something similar. It doesn't take much!

dshinnick

Mission Viejo, CA USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/06/20 03:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SOLUTION:

As most of you said, it appears to have been simple debris accumulation from the hard water we're hooked up to.

About 3 months ago we were getting low water pressure at the home where we're parked with full hookups. So, figuring that water in a residential neighborhood would probably be ok, I removed our water filter. Not much change in pressure, but I left it off.

And then the problem, as I described above.

I removed the easy-to-remove filters at the end of the nozzle on both sinks and it was thick with white gravel-like material. Cleaning that improved the flow somewhat in the bathroom, but not completely. As I was disassembling the bathroom faucet I broke a part and so had to buy a new one. When I installed it, flow was fine. So I have to figure something in the old faucet was blocked.

Now, what about the potty?

Mounted to the rear of the bowl is a disc with holes in it, through which flows the water which fills the bowl, and which had become so slow. I had to remove the toilet, but I found the bolt which holds that disc in place. I removed it, shook the disc, and some white particles fell out. I couldn't disassemble it, but the wife soaked it in vinegar for an hour, and said that when she rinsed it, quite a bit of white junk came out. I reinstalled the disc, and the potty, turned the water on, and the flow is fine. We're fixed.

So....moral is, don't remove that external water filter. And when something like this happens, think first of the *easy* solutions. I just didn't realize we had such "hard" water, and that buildups like that were possible. And to have two unrelated outlets slow down at virtually the same time? Well, I probably should have bought a lottery ticket. Thanks much to all who contributed ideas and suggestions.

dave

rgatijnet1

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/07/20 04:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I always used one of those inline filters connected to the hose whenever I filled the fresh water tanks or whenever I hooked up to RV park water. This is in addition to the filters that I have inside the coach for drinking water, etc. I usually have to change that inline filter every 6 months or so because of the accumulation of debris that I stop from coming in to my coach.
Even with the filters, hard water will leave more crud as it evaporates and leaves the minerals behind.
[image]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Wierd bathroom water problem
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.