Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Wierd bathroom water problem
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Wierd bathroom water problem

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
dshinnick

Mission Viejo, CA USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/20 12:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey all-

It's a 2015 Itasca Sunstar, aka Winnebago Vista.

The flow of COLD water to our bathroom, the water closet, has gone down to almost nothing, perhaps 1/4 of its normal flow. Here are the facts:

- The slow flow appears at the toilet and in the sink, both in the same "closet".
- The HOT water in the sink, right next to the toilet, appears normal.
- The shower, directly opposite on the other side of the coach, seems normal, both hot and cold.
- The kitchen sink seems normal, hot and cold.
- Water pressure from the park is normal.
- Turning on the pump had no effect; cold water in toilet room still slow.
- This just started this morning. Outside temps are in the high 50's.

So it would seem that the cold water line, common to the toilet and toilet-room-sink has become clogged or restricted somehow? Not sure what else could account for this.

I may have to call a pro on this unless someone here has an idea. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance-

Dave

Rick Jay

Greater Springfield area, MA

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/20 12:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just a wild guess, but is it possible one of the winterizing valves or water heater bypass valve(s) got moved?

I believe Winnebago has all the plumbing diagrams on their website, so I'd recommend you check them out to see exactly what might be causing the issue.

~Rick

2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (24-Angel), 1 girl (19), 2 boys (20 & 17).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

rgatijnet1

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/20 12:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I found a lot of debris in my water lines on the RV. Just disconnect one end of the cold water line and let it pump in to a container until the flow picks up. You also need to clean the filter screens at the end of each faucet on a regular basis to remove the debris particles.

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/20 12:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Water sources at CG's are notorious for having a lot of sediment in them as often they are wells. The screens at faucets get pretty clogged up as do the screens on the water pumps. Try cleaning those out.

2020 F350 STX 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2020 FR Cedar Ridge Silverback 29rw

ksg5000

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/20 12:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have you double checked the cold water drain valves leading to the bathroom?

Kevin

dshinnick

Mission Viejo, CA USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/20 01:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Update:

The toilet has an attached hose and a small hand-held sprayer. With nothing else on, the sprayer produces no water. But when I hold down the toilet flush pedal, the handheld releases a full-strength spray, and the toilet continues its poor flow. When I release the toilet flush pedal, the handheld stops, and the poor toilet flow continues.

Not a solution, but interesting. Seems to show that the water pressure to the toilet is ok.

Suggestions have included checking filters and water valves, but:

- I can't imagine two completely separate filters becoming clogged overnight. Not gradually, but suddenly.

- If valves had gotten turned, wouldn't I seem some leakage/draining of some type under the coach? Nothing.

Thanks.

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/20 01:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The problem with mineral build up is how it seems to suddenly happen. Since Lavy Hot water flow is normal, that points to the calcium chunk in the cold water inlet valve of the Lavy faucet. NOT the exit strainer since the hot water is normal. You need to pull the Cold water valve body of the lavy faucet. You need to pull the water line off the input of the toilet. You will probably have to pull the toilet and look at the water valve inlet of the toilet. It probably has Mineral build up. You either pull the toilet water valve and rinse it out or just replace the toilet water valve. PRESSURE is not your problem. FLOW is. Doug

doxiemom11

Paris Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/20 04:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Low flow in our toilet is our first clue that it's time to change our water filter.

Oasisbob

Portland Oregon 97266

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/20 04:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wonder if a pipe folded over on itself in a tight turn womewhere? Other thoughts are good. Just what I had dealt with a qhile back. Please let us know what you8 find

Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife & 4 Really Fun kids
2008 KIA Sedona 3.8L 24 valve V-6
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS">

DFord

Near St Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/20 05:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The first thing I'd check is to see if there's a check valve in the outlet of the water heater. If you have just one valve to change to winterize, you probably have a check valve. The check valve has a small disk that blocks the flow of water back into the water heater. That disk is plastic/nylon and is held in place with a spring. I've seen several of them come loose from the spring and lodge in the outlet of the water heater. It's hard to get to the back of the water heater to get at the check valve. There's no maintenance. You must replace it. I found a replacement with a metal disk right next to ones with the plastic disk. Choose carefully.

Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Wierd bathroom water problem
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.