Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: "Lite" 5th wheels
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> "Lite" 5th wheels

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
bpounds

Sophmore Brain...

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/06/20 10:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a lite model.

Just about everything folks have said is correct about some units. Not necessarily our experience, but I'm sure their comments apply to some models, and buyer should study before purchase.

Pretty much all lite or HT models are going to simply be smaller. Probably shorter, as in 12.5' tall or less, and not as wide, as in 96" wide versus the 102" wide of many full size.

2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

Likes to tow

Huntington WV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/08/20 04:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Truck manufacturers have all increased their towing capacity on half ton series trucks like the Ford F150 so as a marketing strategy the RV industry is doing their part to couple buyers with this increase. Grand Design Reflection is a good example of "half ton towable" offering. I own a Reflection 27 RL which is marketed as one of these units and I tow it with a 2500 Ram Cummins. I cannot imagine towing it with an F150. There are significantly more folks out there with half ton trucks than there are those with heavier F250 or 2500 series. The RV industry is just trying to get into this market. Yes a half ton will tow some of these trailers but for the long haul or going to the mountains you better have more truck in my opinion. I met a guy in Colorado last year towing the exact trailer as mine and he said he screamed the engine to get over some steep grades with an overall MPG of 8.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> "Lite" 5th wheels
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.