cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Martinsburg, VA

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
What CG's would be recommended near the race track or within short drive? Other suggestions as well? TIA.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"
4 REPLIES 4

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
wanderingaimlessly wrote:
IF you are talking about MartinsVILLE Va, Fairy Stone State Park is about a half hours drive west of Martinsville , and about 20 minutes outside Martinsville Va is Philpott Lake which has a couple of Corps campgrounds such as this one Goose Point.

If you were asking about MartinsBURG West Virginia, I cant offer any suggestions.

Got my hopes up, but our coach is 41' and won't fit. Going by the race tracks web site they show a few nearby, but wanted to get others opinions and options.

OMG I just saw a HUGE BOO-BOO on my part and I'm soooooo sorry and wandering actually caught it. YES, I meant Martinsville VA and the race track, not Martinsburg. MY bad completely. Guess I should have waited till I got some sleep---posted this after I got home from work.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

lap527
Explorer
Explorer
We love Goose Point! Just keep in mind at Goose Point that they LOCK the gate at 10PM and there is no combination. We were told if the gate was locked we would have to park outside and walk to our camper. Hopefully by now they have changed that.
2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
Agree with wanderingaimlessly. Philpott Lake has several good campgrounds. But must make reservations way in advance for weekends.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
IF you are talking about MartinsVILLE Va, Fairy Stone State Park is about a half hours drive west of Martinsville , and about 20 minutes outside Martinsville Va is Philpott Lake which has a couple of Corps campgrounds such as this one Goose Point.

If you were asking about MartinsBURG West Virginia, I cant offer any suggestions.