cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing For Nothing

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Got an e-mail today from the Cummins Power Club hailing their new program. You no longer have to pay to be a member of the Cummins Power Club effective 1/2/2020. Also the 10% discount on parts benefit of belonging to the Cummins Power Club went away at the same time.

So now you don't have to pay and you get nothing in return.
8 REPLIES 8

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
sprintmod1 wrote:
Rut Roh!!

Don't tell Cummins that the 10% program ended! Picked up my motorhome this afternoon after some major Onan generator issues and when presented with the bill I asked about the Power Club and the 10% discount, manager was like "oops" let me subtract that parts discount. Saved me over $300 today!

Yep- the only reason I joined was the discount more than covered the membership fee.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
Where do you sign up for this special deal??? One thing you're forgetting. Upon signing up, you'll get all those 'popular' emails, texts and phone calls offering you additional 'specials'...but wait! there's more! Sign up today and we'll double your phone calls, emails and texts....do it now.....:B....Dennis

That was EXACTLY what I was thinking!
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
sprintmod1 wrote:
Rut Roh!!

Don't tell Cummins that the 10% program ended! Picked up my motorhome this afternoon after some major Onan generator issues and when presented with the bill I asked about the Power Club and the 10% discount, manager was like "oops" let me subtract that parts discount. Saved me over $300 today!

If your currently a Power Club member the discount is good till your membership expires. Then no discount.

In other words, that whole e-mail was Cummins backhanded way of telling you that they are doing away with their parts discount.

sprintmod1
Explorer
Explorer
Rut Roh!!

2010 American Coach Revolution 42w; carrying 2014 HD Electra Glide Limited and towing 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD.
Dirt's for racing and asphalt for getting there.
410 Sprint Car's rule!

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Where do you sign up for this special deal??? One thing you're forgetting. Upon signing up, you'll get all those 'popular' emails, texts and phone calls offering you additional 'specials'...but wait! there's more! Sign up today and we'll double your phone calls, emails and texts....do it now.....:B....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Look at the bright side. You pay nothing and, you don't get taxed on the nothing you receive. 🙂

Or the other bright side. I doubt the OP ever received anything of any real value while paying for it. Consider it a win.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Look at the bright side. You pay nothing and, you don't get taxed on the nothing you receive. 🙂

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
So the membership fees didn't cover the 10% discount loses.

And www.cumminspowerclub.com isn't responding...at least for me.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad