Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: loss of spouse
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> loss of spouse

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
winnietrey

seattle

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/20 09:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moderator, you may find this topic inappropriate, and if you delete, I get it. But I lost my wife 3 months ago, I just wonder if others may be in the same boat and wish to start a thread

Ehammond

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/20 05:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I lost mine to pancreatic cancer in February 2016. We had our 50th anniversary on January 28 and she died February 18. Hopefully it will get easier for you. For me it actually gets harder every day. God bless You!!!

2004 33FKDS Present Sunnybrook
2001 30FKS 2nd Sunnybrook
1996 30FBS 1st Sunnybrook
"Wonderful" Hensley Arrow Hitch
Jordan Ultima Brake Control
2001 Ford F-250 7.3 Powerstroke

Words to live by "Don't squat with your spurs on"

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/04/20 07:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm not the mod but this is not inappropriate at all IMHO. My deepest sympathies to all that have lost a loved one.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

winnietrey

seattle

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/20 09:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My wife died of a sudden cardiac arrest, did not smoke, drink, ate healthy, not overweight. Zero warning signs. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. It is tough sledding, to say the least. I have gone out for coffee a few times with gals, I met through an online dating site. Man those sites are just brutal. Not ready to move in with someone, but does help with the loneliness, which is just brutal. I am trying to stay engaged in life, worry if I don't pretty soon I will just become a shut in

Cloud Dancer

San Antonio and Livingston TX USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/20 10:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't know what to say, but I've been thinking about it for 20 minutes. I can only imagine what you're going through. I wish one or more of us could be with you. I suspect you feel lonely, maybe even when someone is there with you. I'm feeling some pain now. I'm so sorry.

Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/20 04:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In my case.. 6 years come Easter.. I still miss her. And that's all I have to say about it so Condolences.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

donfla

home

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/20 09:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It breaks my heart to read what you’re going through right now.
On a positive note, my wife and I are stronger because of it.
Stay strong brother

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/20 08:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As we get older, the knowledge that one of us is going to lose the other looms on the horizon, and it's da*n scary. My heart breaks for you and others who have gone through this cruel fact of life.

Something that might offer you some friends/diversions: there's a website called Meetup.com and it's for people with similar interests to meet and get together. In my case, it was a kayaking group I joined over 10 years ago - it was a mix of all ages, married and single, beginners and experts. We all shared one common bond - the love of kayaking our local rivers. Many of the married folks had spouses who weren't interested in kayaking. I made friends who are STILL my friends (and now they are friends with Ed, too). A few of the singles met and married. But Meetup offers groups for almost anything: going to movies, walking dogs, quilting, car shows, camping/hiking. You can plug in your zip code and interests, and the website will tell you what is going on around you. Join a group or two - and take that plunge and make some friends
Best wishes!
Deb

bighatnohorse

Gig Harbor - Cave Creek

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/06/20 07:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They say that "you don't get over it, you only get use to it".
And on average, that takes about 5 years.

You might want to try volunteering at food banks, church groups, Kiwanis, etc for the social "balance" until the inner turmoil settles.

joanne0012

Boston, MA

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/20 08:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, getting used to it. The first year is the hardest, going though seasons, holidays, birthdays etc. in a new way. As you said, there are so many ways to socialize without jumping into potential romances; it took me a couple of years to even think about that.

Joanne

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> loss of spouse
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.