Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Truck warranty
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Truck warranty

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
4x4ord

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/20 06:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

S Davis wrote:

4x4ord wrote:

It's been my experience with many heavy equipment and vehicle manufacturers that warranty coverage is excellent but if a failure happens a day after the warranty expires it might be a little different story.

I get that but the truck had the issue the day after it rolled off the lot, I didn't even mention that I had five trips into the dealer. The first four I was told there was someone that had to take pictures of it first and they were out and to come back later. The last trip the service guy came out and took a look, and said no picture was necessary.

Two of my vehicles were bought in the US and I imported them into Canada. One of those was a GM the other a Ford and I couldn't have been more impressed with the service and warranty I got. The Ford had a slight ticking as though the Watergate was chattering which showed up driving home from Texas. It turned out the turbo was replaced in Canada without any question. Years ago I had a chevy 6.5 turbo diesel that developed an oil leak at just under 100,000 miles and 2 weeks before the warranty expired. When they removed the heads to fix the leak they found 6 pistons melted and both heads were cracked. I told the mechanic that while pulling a trailer up a hill the hot engine light came on. I let him know I had a winter front installed which likely contributed. The service guys said it should have been able to take that and installed a new engine. I cant think of a time that I've been denied warranty.

2017 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

S Davis

Western WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/20 06:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

4x4ord wrote:

S Davis wrote:

4x4ord wrote:

It's been my experience with many heavy equipment and vehicle manufacturers that warranty coverage is excellent but if a failure happens a day after the warranty expires it might be a little different story.

I get that but the truck had the issue the day after it rolled off the lot, I didn't even mention that I had five trips into the dealer. The first four I was told there was someone that had to take pictures of it first and they were out and to come back later. The last trip the service guy came out and took a look, and said no picture was necessary.

Two of my vehicles were bought in the US and I imported them into Canada. One of those was a GM the other a Ford and I couldn't have been more impressed with the service and warranty I got. The Ford had a slight ticking as though the Watergate was chattering which showed up driving home from Texas. It turned out the turbo was replaced in Canada without any question. Years ago I had a chevy 6.5 turbo diesel that developed an oil leak at just under 100,000 miles and 2 weeks before the warranty expired. When they removed the heads to fix the leak they found 6 pistons melted and both heads were cracked. I told the mechanic that while pulling a trailer up a hill the hot engine light came on. I let him know I had a winter front installed which likely contributed. The service guys said it should have been able to take that and installed a new engine. I cant think of a time that I've been denied warranty.

I have had pretty good warranty service up to this point as well on my last two trucks, 2009, 2013.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/20 08:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Brand has everything to do with it. Your story carry on.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/20 09:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It doesn't matter how much water is in it it. If it even has a couple drops it has a leak and there are no questions on its replacement.

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

ksss

Eastern Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/20 09:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

S Davis wrote:

4x4ord wrote:

S Davis wrote:

4x4ord wrote:

I have had pretty good warranty service up to this point as well on my last two trucks, 2009, 2013.

Did you buy all three trucks at the same dealer?

2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

S Davis

Western WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/20 10:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Did you buy all three trucks at the same dealer?

No, two out of state because I couldn't find one local.

mooky stinks

Cicero,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/04/20 11:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've seen GM deny warranty because the vehicle had a car wash pass sticker on it. Claiming the "high pressure" caused the driving light condensation. I've also seen a Honda Service Manager claim an OE headlight MUST be aftermarket because it had water in it. Neither one of these were my vehicles but close friends. My Silverado driving lights both have condensation in them that I ignore for the simple fact that I don't have time and don't need the aggravation of trying to get them warranted.

JALLEN4

SouthWest Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/20 04:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The dealer making the warranty repair is subject to audit on his warranty repairs and can be charged back for his submission. If you are taking a new truck to a dealer other than the selling dealer immediately after purchase, it is not hard to understand that dealer's hesitancy. If the manufacturer calls for the replaced part and determines in their opinion it is not warranty, the dealer will eat the part and the labor. You did not buy it there and that dealer would be prudent to make sure they are going to get paid.

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/20 05:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

amazing $50k truck and it leaks. sounds like the rv industry.

wanderingbob

monticeeo, fla

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/20 06:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I believe that they are supposed to leak . At least thats what my dealer told me when he charged me $80 to change my head light fluid ! Blinker fluid was OK .

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Truck warranty
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.