cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water pressure problem

Nicodemus
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Prime Time Spartan. The water at the kitchen sink is a dribble, and the water flow at the bathroom sink is only slightly better. However, the shower has great pressure. I can't figure out why this is so or how to correct it. We use a regulator because the manager said that the pressure is high. Any ideas?
18 REPLIES 18

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
One more thing on the kitchen if it has a pull out head (Faucet head is also sprayer) there is a check valve in the base of the head (where the hose connects) this can lime up and clog.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Solo
Explorer
Explorer
Another angle to consider when addressing poor water flow, I seemed to be constantly cleaning lime and calcium deposits from the faucet aerators until I finally installed a water softener on our coach. Problem solved.
Solo
2011 Itasca Ellipse 42QD, 450 HP ISL Cummins
2012 Jeep JKU with SMI DUO Braking System

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
There is no such thing as a "restrictor" sold as a pressure regulator. Those cheap barrel shaped regulators cannot be tested by checking flow at the end of a garden hose, the flow will vary because of different amounts of restriction in the various fixtures. Just buy a quality regulator.

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
Nicodemus wrote:

We use a regulator because the manager said that the pressure is high. Any ideas?

What do you mean by "regulator"?

If it's the $10 variety you connect to the (hose bib) faucet - it's really a water "restrictor".

If it's a Watts Regulator (or the like) - about $50. - you should be able to adjust the pressure at the regulator.

Test your "regulator" on a S&B (home) hose bib with a garden hose.
See what kind of flow (volume) & pressure you get.

richardcoxid
Explorer
Explorer
You should define what you mean โ€œtake the top off the faucetโ€. At the end of each faucet spout where the water comes out there is a small screwed in device about 3/4โ€ in Diameter, that is the aerator, inside it there is a screen that catches the small debris that collect in the piping. Use a pair of pliers or a pair of Channel locks padded with a small rag to prevent scratching the aerator and rotate out (righty tightly and lefty loose/ you are looking at it upside down. Blow it out and re-install. Or go to your local hardware store/ Loweโ€™s/ Home Depot and purchase a new one only a couple of bucks each.
2017 GMC Denali 3500 4x4 Duramax
2019 Outdoor RV (ORV) Timber Ridge 24RKS

Mike_Tassinari
Explorer
Explorer
The water pump has a built in check valve to prevent water from flowing back into your fresh water tank when you are hooked up to city water pressure.
My guess since your water flow problem in common to all of your hot and cold faucets, that check valve must be stuck and severely limiting the amount of water getting into your hot and cold water lines.
Easy way to check this is to disconnect your outlet water line at the water pump and see just how free flowing the water is comming out of your pump.
Mike Tassinari
2002 Ford-4x4-Extended Cab-Dually-Lariet-Powerstroke Diesel--4.10 gears--Ranchero Adjustable Shocks-55 Gallon Extended Fuel Tank--4 Extra Main Leaf Springs-1 Extra Helper Spring..Independant Second Altinator(100AMP)to Charge MY Twin 275 AH. Deep Cycle Battery Bank tucked under the truck bed....

2001 Lance-11&1/2 Ft.-Model 1121/slide/out with all the Toys&2000 Watt Inverter

Nicodemus
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, we're using a regulator and park water. Was going to take it off park water but discovered that now the water pump isn't working! Just one thing after another.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Are you using a pressure regulator and park water? is the regulator a 3/4" cylinder either plastic or brass with male hose fitting at one end and female at the other.. THOSE ARE JUNK.. Upgrade to either a Valterra adjustable (About 30 bucks) or a Watts or Zurin in-line 1/2 or 3/4 inch with hose adapters (about twice that).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

GenoB
Explorer
Explorer
All good suggestions ! Try to just remove the screen at each faucet and run the water without the end on and see if it comes rushing out. Every time I have had a low water issue in the rig and the pressure is good outside its been a clogged screen at the water inlet where the hose attaches to rig or at the faucet or the pressure regulator outside on the hose,

Nicodemus
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the input everyone. I shall attempt to remove the kitchen faucet top and see if the screen is the problem. It affects both the hot and cold water. Not using our tank but I should check to see if it does this when on the pump. Should I disconnect from city water first? We didn't have this problem in the prior park, so I don't think it's a design defect. Unfortunately the bathroom sink is not the kind you can unscrew so I don't know how that will be fixed.

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I wish I knew the answer or how to correct this problem. I have the same problem and yes I have cleaned the screens and have replaced the screens and cleaned out the washers in the valves. nothing has worked. the answers you got above are just the tip of the iceberg, just the start of going mad trying to figure this out. I'm beginning to think it is an engineering design

rrupert
Explorer
Explorer
Check the strainer on the water pump if you are using water from the fresh water tank.
Rich and Joyce
2018 Jayco Jay Flight 21QB
2012 Ford F150 4X4 Supercrew EcoBoost
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch

Amateur Radio K3EXU

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Are there water filters on the lines feeding these 2 sinks? Our galley sink has one, but I don't think the bath one does. Aerators (clean/replace) are a good place to start.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Is water pressure low on both hot and cold?
Kevin