cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B&W RVK3300 vs. RVK3305

Hedgehog
Explorer
Explorer
I just upgraded from a srw F-350 shortbed to an F-450 and want to upgrade from my current Reese elite sliding hitch. I want to go with a B&w but I’m trying to find the difference between the construction of these two hitches. The obvious difference is the rating and the price but from what I find, even the shipping weight of both are the same so I’m not sure if the only difference is the weight rating sticker. I’m currently towing a 16gvwr fifth wheel but might upgrade to a momentum 376th in the future which is still within the range of the 20k hitch. Any input would be appreciated.
New truck does have ford puck system
4 REPLIES 4

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
You ARE looking at the BEST standard hitch on the market. I would opt for the higher rating at a $200 premium. Simply because RV's never get smaller!!!

As mentioned CALL B&W they will be happy to tell you the difference.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
I believe the head is the same but one thing I noticed in a couple etrailer.com videos is the arms that hold the head on the base unit is substantially beefier on the 3305. There may be other things as well but that's one thing for sure.

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
B&W is far superior to that of a Reese. Had a Reese 16K (rail mount) for old coach and when we bought a '15 F350 SRW, also bought Reese frame/bed rails. Thought they were ok till I bought a B&W 18k Patriot. Hitch wise, blew the Reese out of the water in terms of entire package. When we upgraded to a '17 F350 drw, went w/ B&W frame/bed rails and talk about a massive difference over the Reese. B&W is very beefy AND Made in the USA!
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Yes, they do look similar, but with the 05 being higher rated, something is different. To get actual fact, it's best to give B&W a call. It is nice to be able to talk to a real person, that is friendly, knowledgeable, and will hook you up to another person, if needed, to answer your very question.

My thinking...the base, where mounts attach, and maybe the locking to puck attachments themselves are heavier duty.

I would trust the 3300 to the full 20K rating, without concern!

Jerry