cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone towing the new Chevy Blazer?

23hotrodr
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a dual purpose daily driver/toad and considering the new Chevy Blazer AWD. Anyone with good success with the Blazer AWD?

Thanks-- Mick
2007 Itasca Suncruiser 35L
2000 Jeep Wrangler
6 REPLIES 6

23hotrodr
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, we have looked at the new Wrangler. Wife does not think she could live with it as a daily driver. We test drove a new Cherokee Trailhawk and were impressed. We think it might be a good option. We will have to think on it. Thanks-- Mick
2000 Jeep Wrangler

Y-Guy
Mick, have you looked at the new Wranglers as a possible option?

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

23hotrodr
Explorer
Explorer
I went and looked at this new Blazer. Looks like the place where the base plate would come out of the front is about 13-1/2" off the ground. Hitch height on my MH is at 24". So, it would take a very long drop adapter to make this Blazer able for me to tow. We'd be dragging the tow bar on the ground whenever we drive over hills and bumps. I need the hitch attachment point to be around 19" for us to use any vehicle as a toad. We currently tow a 2000 Wrangler, but it is not a good daily driver. Very hard to find a good toad that will doo dual purpose and have an attachment point high enough for our MH.

Thanks for your responses.-- Mick
2000 Jeep Wrangler

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Frankly, Iโ€™ve only seen one on the road so far.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Y-Guy
Mick, so far you are the first person to ask.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I found this:

Dinghy Towing - These vehicles may be dinghy towed from the front. These vehicles can also be towed by placing them on a platform trailer with all four wheels off the ground. Also see the information on dolly towing later in this section. For vehicles being dinghy towed, the vehicle should be run at the beginning of each day and at each fuel stop for 5 minutes.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad