Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Rallies, Shows and Gatherings: 2020 RV SHOW
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
oilcan4

New York

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/20 05:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DONT MISS THE FOLLOWOING RV SHOWS: NOERTHEAST RV SHOW AT HARTFORD CONNECTICUT CIVIC CENTER JANUARY 24-26 AND THE SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND RV SHOW AT THE MOHEGAN SUN MARCH 13-15. LAST YEARS MOHEGAN SUN SHOW WAS THEIR FIRST ONE IN A BRAND NEW EXIBITION AREA AND REALLY WAS A GREAT SHOW.

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/05/20 05:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What makes a really great RV show? Apparently location?

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2011 Harley Ultra Limited
2016 RZR 900

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/20 05:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I get enough of that at Hershey once a year should I get the inkling to go up there.

Not really interested though to go look at the same old stuff, same old junk, and the same booths selling replacement windows and gutter guards while paying $30-$40 with parking to do so. Been to one, been to em all.

Lwiddis

Morro Bay, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/05/20 05:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MOHEGAN In Connecticut? I heard parking was free. Apparently I was mistaken.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/20 08:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why are you yelling (all caps)?
I take it you don't frequent on-line forums very much?

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins.
2018 Silver Fox 32A.
H0NDA eu2000i

monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/20 08:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've always thought it interesting that dealers at these shows CHARGE a fee to park and then another entry fee that gives dealers a chance to SELL folks a camper. I personally am unwilling to PAY someone to sell me their product.

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/20 01:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

monkey44 wrote:

I've always thought it interesting that dealers at these shows CHARGE a fee to park and then another entry fee that gives dealers a chance to SELL folks a camper. I personally am unwilling to PAY someone to sell me their product.

Technically the dealers dont charge. The event promoter charges the dealer for how much floorspace they rent by $X amount per ft2. Then the dealer adds whatever he pays the promoter into the cost of his RV's, and puts a huge sign on them saying "RV Show Special". Along comes Joe Moron who paid $15 or something at the door, and he buys an RV that's more than he could get it for off the dealers lot before or after the show, and thinks he got a bargain.

mdcamping

CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/06/20 05:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

oilcan4 wrote:

DONT MISS THE FOLLOWOING RV SHOWS: NOERTHEAST RV SHOW AT HARTFORD CONNECTICUT CIVIC CENTER JANUARY 24-26 AND THE SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND RV SHOW AT THE MOHEGAN SUN MARCH 13-15. LAST YEARS MOHEGAN SUN SHOW WAS THEIR FIRST ONE IN A BRAND NEW EXIBITION AREA AND REALLY WAS A GREAT SHOW.

We always go to the Springfield MA show. Mohegan show was okay and parking was free.

Hartford show, not worth it as to few vendors.

Mike

07 Toyota Tacoma,Double Cab, Max Towing 6,500lbs GCWR 11,100lbs
2011 Jayco X20E, Pro Series 800lb Weight Distributing Hitch
Husky Sway Bar, Prodigy Electronic Brake Control
McKesh Mirrors. "Towing with 200K"

Where we have camped

minnow

Upstate South Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/20 12:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If someone is looking to comparison shop, there's no better opportunity to look at the competing models all in one place. And with all the other lookey loo's there, a better chance to see things without a sales dude(dudeette) hanging off your left shoulder.

Jayco25E

PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/20 06:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

I get enough of that at Hershey once a year should I get the inkling to go up there.

Not really interested though to go look at the same old stuff, same old junk, and the same booths selling replacement windows and gutter guards while paying $30-$40 with parking to do so. Been to one, been to em all.

I do not go to the Hershey one because of the parking fee. But I did check out the one in Timonium Maryland last year and liked it. No parking fee and I think it was only $8 or so to get in. Its nice to look at so many different RV's under roof. Not always but sometimes you can get a good deal. Like anything else do your homework. Oh and I did not notice any window/door folks at the Timonium show.

2008 Chevy Avalanche
2005 Jayco 25E HTT
1 kid (but always end up with a full camper)
2 retired Greyhounds

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.