Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Looking at buying a Shasta 370FE
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Looking at buying a Shasta 370FE

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
WaynesWorldTN

Nashville TN

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/20 07:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am brand new to this forum and tried to search to see if there were any post about a camper I am looking at. We like the Shasta 370FE because of the front living layout and it has doors on both sides. The storage is great and a real nice looking camper. I was wondering if anyone has any insight on this camper or heads up on issues that it may have. The price our local dealer is asking is 49K and we have seen it online for 43k. Or local dealer gives anyone a lifetime warranty on the campers also through warranty forever/Expert RV if anyone has experience with them I would love to hear to see what value that is.

Bowling Green, KY

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/20 09:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moved from ATC

Lwiddis

Monterey, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/06/20 12:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do you have any experience RVing? Have you a tow vehicle adequate for this unit? Have you ever pulled a unit of this length? Are you aware that this unit is too large for many state and county campgrounds?

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/20 12:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WaynesWorldTN wrote:

Or local dealer gives anyone a lifetime warranty on the campers also through warranty forever/Expert RV if anyone has experience with them I would love to hear to see what value that is.

None whatsoever. It's an income generator for the service department.
Most dealers charge at least $300 to do that yearly inspection which is required, add the time and cost to take it in, drop it off, and pick it up. Then if they need to seal anything, grease the bearings, or anything else, they'll sock you with the going hourly rate on top of the inspection charge.

Ask them for a copy of the "RV Warranty Forever" agreement and see if they let you review it beforehand. I bet they don't. That scam has been going on now since about 2913 and by their own admission on their website they have only paid out 8925 claims as of March 2019. That's not many.

It's for suckers. Personally I would not even walk in a dealership who offers it, as they'll have other shell games to play.

WaynesWorldTN

Nashville TN

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/20 01:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lwiddis wrote:

Do you have any experience RVing? Have you a tow vehicle adequate for this unit? Have you ever pulled a unit of this length? Are you aware that this unit is too large for many state and county campgrounds?

No I don't have a lot of experience RVing I have camped with tents and a popup and had a camper a long time ago but used very little. I have drove trailers that length a lot. I have a farm that the unit will be used as a house when at the farm but wanted to be able to take it to the parks also. The places I have went in TN all have had this size and bigger. When I just looked up the places we normally go there are some sites available to accommodate that size. But thank you I would have to plan ahead where we can stop if we are going long distance. The majority of our camping will be in the SE. As far as vehicle I will pull with the F350 with 6.0 dully.

Thank you though for the good info though.

WaynesWorldTN

Nashville TN

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/20 01:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

WaynesWorldTN wrote:

Or local dealer gives anyone a lifetime warranty on the campers also through warranty forever/Expert RV if anyone has experience with them I would love to hear to see what value that is.

None whatsoever. It's an income generator for the service department.
Most dealers charge at least $300 to do that yearly inspection which is required, add the time and cost to take it in, drop it off, and pick it up. Then if they need to seal anything, grease the bearings, or anything else, they'll sock you with the going hourly rate on top of the inspection charge.

Ask them for a copy of the "RV Warranty Forever" agreement and see if they let you review it beforehand. I bet they don't. That scam has been going on now since about 2913 and by their own admission on their website they have only paid out 8925 claims as of March 2019. That's not many.

It's for suckers. Personally I would not even walk in a dealership who offers it, as they'll have other shell games to play.

Thanks for the input I never buy the extra warranties because of the **** that is out there but if given on for free I am wondering if it would be good to keep up. The dealer down here charges $100 for the inspection once a year. You know something small with go wrong with it after the first year. I was going to make them through the first 3 inspections as part of the deal.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Looking at buying a Shasta 370FE
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.