Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Washer/Dryer worth it?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Washer/Dryer worth it?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
keh3491

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/20 08:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My husband and I will be purchasing our first 5th wheel soon and going full time. I hear the washer in dryers are pretty small and some people say that’s just an extra thing to keep up with and that could go wrong. It’s just the two of us and our pets so I may do about two loads of laundry a week in a full size washer/dryer. Any one ever had issues with there’s? We are looking to buy a Keystone Montana; either 2019 or new.

Michelle.S

Western NY till fall, then Sebring, FL

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/20 08:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After our first Snow Bird attempt of 3 months, we order a Combo Unit on our why back North. That was after a few things were ruined because of grease in the CG machines. Put another Combo in our next unit and now have the two individual units and wouldn't be without them. Do a small load every couple of days, no keeping dirty clothes for a week or more before going to the laundry mat.

2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

RobWNY

Jamestown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/06/20 08:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We don't have a washer/dryer in our 5th wheel but it's prepped for them. We are wintering in Florida for the first time this year and I've asked many people at the resort we're at about their thoughts. It's about 50/50 love it or hate it. Those that love it either are older and don't want to be bothered using the resort laundry facility or they don't want the hassle and added expense of using pay machines (This I don't understand because you can buy a lot of loads of laundry for the cost of those machines). Those that dislike their washer/Dryer all say the same thing. They don't hold much and laundry has to be done just about every day. Because we sometimes boon dock and other times camp where we don't have water hookups and use our Fresh Water holding tank, we chose not to have them.

2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

You can't put a porcupine in a barn, set it on fire, and expect to make licorice.

Moomba2002

Sebastopol, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/06/20 08:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We live fulltime in our 5th. wheel and have the Slendid stacked washer and dryer and we wouldn't want to be without it! Make sure if you get one to have it vented otherwise drying time is extremley long.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 4x4
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18k hitch
2017 Columbus 383FB
ExtremeAire 150 PSI 100% Duty Cyle on board air w/4gal. tank

2003 Arctic Fox 1150 loaded except solor

TXiceman

Full Time RVer

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/20 08:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Love our Slindide2100XC combo. Fulltime 6.5 years and would not be without it. We find that most of the people that bad mouth the combo units are guilty of not reading and following the instruction manual and/or overloading them.

They are not the same as the larger home size units but they do a great job and we don't waste time at the laundry room and filthy machines.

If you boondock, don't use your machine, go to a laundry mat.

Ken

Amateur Radio Operator.
2013 HitchHiker 38RLRSB Champagne, toted with a 2012, F350, 6.7L PSD, Crewcab, dually. 3.73 axle, Full Time RVer.
Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Arcamper

Fayetteville, AR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/06/20 08:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We don't full time but have separate washer dryer units in our Montana and love them. The only trade off for us is some space but it is not a problem. DW would not be without them in any unit we have in the future so that puts us in the 50% that like them.

2016 Montana 3100RL Legacy(LT's,Joy Rider 2's,disc brakes)
2014 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Cummins/Aisin 14,000 GVWR
2014 Ford Expedition Limited, HD tow pkg
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
1999 Stingray 240LS
1994 Chevy 1500 5.7 PU
2018 John Deere 1025R
B&W RVK3600 Hitch

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/20 08:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a Splendide vented combo and DW would not be without it. Although she occasionally uses the park laundry if she has a particularly large load, she would much rather use her own.
With the combo, the loads are somewhat small, but she can set it to wash AND dry, put in a load of laundry, we leave to do whatever we want, and come back later to a clean dry load. And repeat if necessary. Better than sitting around a laundry waiting for the washers and dryers to do their thing.

Super_Dave

Harrisville, UT

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/20 08:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We would rather have access to multiple machines and be done in an hour. The washer/dryer space in the 5th wheel is great storage space.

Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/06/20 08:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

keh3491 wrote:

My husband and I will be purchasing our first 5th wheel soon and going full time. I hear the washer in dryers are pretty small and some people say that’s just an extra thing to keep up with and that could go wrong. It’s just the two of us and our pets so I may do about two loads of laundry a week in a full size washer/dryer. Any one ever had issues with there’s? We are looking to buy a Keystone Montana; either 2019 or new.

Most of the larger Montana are pin heavy and a W/D add more weight. So you need a duallie pickup for sure. the 3854BR has a dry pin weight of 2940 and will be out of SRW 350/3500 range when loaded for full timing.

Most full timers run an on-board W/D almost every day.

* This post was edited 01/06/20 09:00am by Me Again *

2015 RAM 3500 CC SB SRW Our Rig New 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Commuter trailer 2019 Laredo 225MK. Retired and enjoying it!

Flute Man

Payson, Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/20 09:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a combo unit and it is so convenient.
I really love it.

Jerry Parr
05 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350
04 Honda CR-V
Ham Radio K7OU
Retired EE
[email protected]
602-321-8141
Full-timer

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Washer/Dryer worth it?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.