Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: What a day
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/06/20 05:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Started this morning with my dogs escaping from their kennel at 6 a.m. They were just out front hollering to get in but trying climb up the icy hill beside the house in my pjs and bathrobe was not fun. Son texted at 7:30 he forgot his work badge and his iPhone would not charge due to a bad connection port. On the upside he got a workaround to stay in the office, a co-worker had a pad-charger and we found a place that could fix the port. Hubby called on his way home from work and was not happy. His boss (truly clueless) gave him a not-so-stellar review despite the fact he met and exceed all his goals including saving the company 150% of his goal (we are talking millions). Just was on Facebook and BIL had to put his 9 year old lab to sleep due to a neurological issue. In the great walk of life most of this is just noise but it all adds up.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

ken56

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/06/20 06:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The measure of character is how one handles "one of those days". Sounds like you came through fine. An observation on the hubbys review. Those goals are set to be very hard to achieve if not unattainable. When he did he bacame a threat to his boss because he out performed him. Bosses don't generally appreciate being one upped.

A man I knew was in sales, million dollar machinery sales. One year he performed so well he was called into the office and told 'we can't pay you your commissions because you can't make more than the CEO.' Truth. He left that company and took his clients with him. Hurt the company pretty badly.

Sorry to hear about the BIL dog, they are truly part of the family.

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/06/20 06:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And now I'm being harassed by a state representative I contacted regarding a piece of legislation I don't want to see passed. She's extremely rude and condescending. Merrimack has 8 state reps. I contacted all. 4 have responded (one favorably, one stating she'll look at all sides and two whose minds have been made up without debate) which has come as a shock. When I was in MA if you got anything more than a canned response it was amazing. But I digress.

Yes, losing BIL's dog has been very hard. He was an amazing yellow lab with the most incredible personality.

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 01/09/20 08:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My BIL (mid 50s) is in the hospital awaiting surgery to have a valve replaced. He has a heart defect which lead to his first valve replacement. His body eventually rejected that valve which lead to his second valve replacement, getting an LVAD, and being put on the organ transplant list (ca 10 years ago). The docs recently determined he needs another valve replacement (his 3rd).

“Bad” days are relative.

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/09/20 09:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

“Bad” days are relative.

I agree. That's why I said most of what I was dealing with was just "noise". Now I'm waiting to hear from the vet as to how Jake's bladder stone surgery went. Love him to pieces like I have all my dogs but it could be something much more serious on a human.

Wishing your BIL well.

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 01/09/20 09:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks on my BIL
Hope surgery goes well for your dog; we’ve had one with bladder stones.
Our new pup (6mo) goes in next week for surgery to correct OCD in her shoulder followed by 3 months of restricted movement and rehab. Waiting to see how well some lambs did at market Monday to help cover surgery costs.

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/09/20 03:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

followed by 3 months of restricted movement

Good luck with the movement restriction of a 6 mo old pup, let alone a border collie! Good luck with the lambs. I'm looking at a bill of about $1800 but it is what it is.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.