Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Grand Design Reflection 150 Series
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

 > Grand Design Reflection 150 Series

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
JAC1982

Brighton, CO

Senior Member

Joined: 08/21/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/07/20 10:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am trying to avoid calling a dealer to ask this question as I don't want to get sucked into a conversation [emoticon]

Does anybody know if the Grand Design Reflection 150 Series comes with built-in generator prep? Their website doesn't mention it.


2017 Keystone Impact 351
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch

2019 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn
2016 Ford Explorer Sport 3.5 Eco-Boost
2015 Polaris RZR 900S

work2much

Jackson Ca

Senior Member

Joined: 12/30/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/07/20 10:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't think any Grand Design units come with a generator prep as a standard. Even the top of the line Solitude it needs to be optioned in for additional cost. Since it isn't listed as an option on their website I am betting it isn't available at all on their lightweight units. I don't think it's even available on the full size Reflection models. Only the Solitude as an option.

To avoid talking to a dealer give GD a call. They are pretty easy to talk to. Customer service number 574-825-9679


2017 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.
2018 Host Mammoth. 1080 Watts solar. 600 AH usable LFP battery. Magnum 2800 Watt inverter.
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited toad.

JAC1982

Brighton, CO

Senior Member

Joined: 08/21/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/07/20 10:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

work2much wrote:

I don't think any Grand Design units come with a generator prep as a standard. Even the top of the line Solitude it needs to be optioned in for additional cost. Since it isn't listed as an option on their website I am betting it isn't available at all on their lightweight units. I don't think it's even available on the full size Reflection models. Only the Solitude as an option.

To avoid talking to a dealer give GD a call. They are pretty easy to talk to. Customer service number 574-825-9679


Great, thank you. And yes, I just did a "build and price" on a Solitude model and I see the option there, but not on either Reflection ones. Bummer, as the shorter Reflections are really appealing to us. But no generator is a deal-breaker and the Solitudes are getting a little pricey for just a vacation trailer [emoticon]

work2much

Jackson Ca

Senior Member

Joined: 12/30/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/07/20 10:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Personally I would go with a inverter generator like a Honda 2200 or Yamaha in place of the propane Onan unit. They are a lot more efficient and much quieter as well.

garyp4951

TN

Senior Member

Joined: 12/06/2010

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/07/20 11:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

work2much wrote:

Personally I would go with a inverter generator like a Honda 2200 or Yamaha in place of the propane Onan unit. They are a lot more efficient and much quieter as well.


X2, I would not want to add any thing heavy in the front storage area of a 150 series 5th wheel.

JAC1982

Brighton, CO

Senior Member

Joined: 08/21/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/07/20 11:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a "hookup" at Cummins so we get the Onan at very low cost. We have one in our current toyhauler and do not find it to be noisy. I can nap with it running and I'm a light sleeper.

Anyway though, weight is not an issue with us (tow vehicle is a F350 dually). It's just the shorter length of the Reflection 150's that was appealing. Many other manufacturers have shorter trailers but they're often their low-end models that don't have some of the other amenities we want. We basically want the features/finishes you find in a larger trailer, but shorter length. Proving harder to find. We are at 38' right now and want to go smaller so so 30' sounds like a dream. But it's looking like we'll be in the 32'-34' range in order to "check off the boxes" of everything we want.

Second Chance

Wherever...

Senior Member

Joined: 07/23/2013

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 01/07/20 12:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The generator prep option is not available on the Reflection or Reflection 150 series fifth wheels from the factory. I know a couple of people who have installed generators in the Reflection 337RLS, though. The generator prep package can be optioned from the factory on the Solitude and Momentum lines. You can go the the GD "Build and Price" tool on-line to verify this.

Rob


U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS and disc brakes
Solar
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015


goducks10

There

Senior Member

Joined: 02/22/2010

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/07/20 12:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't have experience but I've heard built in's suck a lot of propane.
TH built in's usually run on the TH gas tank.

JAC1982

Brighton, CO

Senior Member

Joined: 08/21/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/07/20 12:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

goducks10 wrote:

Don't have experience but I've heard built in's suck a lot of propane.
TH built in's usually run on the TH gas tank.


Yup I learned that today in another post [emoticon]

2012Coleman

Florida

Senior Member

Joined: 08/20/2012

View Profile






Posted: 01/07/20 01:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JAC1982 wrote:

We have a "hookup" at Cummins so we get the Onan at very low cost. We have one in our current toyhauler and do not find it to be noisy. I can nap with it running and I'm a light sleeper.

Anyway though, weight is not an issue with us (tow vehicle is a F350 dually). It's just the shorter length of the Reflection 150's that was appealing. Many other manufacturers have shorter trailers but they're often their low-end models that don't have some of the other amenities we want. We basically want the features/finishes you find in a larger trailer, but shorter length. Proving harder to find. We are at 38' right now and want to go smaller so so 30' sounds like a dream. But it's looking like we'll be in the 32'-34' range in order to "check off the boxes" of everything we want.
I have the Reflection 303RLS - listed as 33 feet in length. I am very happy with it and the customer service I have received from the company and mostly my dealer.


Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

 > Grand Design Reflection 150 Series
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.