cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New RV Electric RV Toad In Depth Review - Mike Mas

Idle-Up
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Forum Members - Got another great review for your guys on a new high tech “Electric” LSV / Golf Cart vehicle. There’s a fair amount of RV owners who pull their golf cart or Toad behind their rig to get around when they tech their destination who will be interested in this great little vehicle called Atomic S2. The Atomic sells for around the same money as a golf cart yet this car comes equipped with a full automotive quality cab with air conditioning, heat, power steering, power brakes, radio, electric windows, locks, lights signals and much more.

For who are interested in technical aspects, this in-depth article covers the motor, controller, down-converter, air conditioner, heater and even check the current draw at different speed.

Click on this link for the story;
http://rotory.com/PC/atomicrv/

Enjoy - Mike Mas

20 REPLIES 20

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Idle-Up wrote:
rk911 wrote:
LMAO @ the toad! looks perfectly safe unless you hit something...anything, really,,,larger than a 10-speed bike.

Thanks for the reply - its certainly much safer than a golf cart and its up to par with a lot of ATV's. Don't think of the negatives, you're missing the whole point of the comfort of being dry, AC, heat, windows, and close to 100 miles or range etc.

Regards

comfort? how does anyone carry a week's worth of groceries plus two humans in that thing? or two humans and a dog bigger than a 3-lb cat. taking that rolling death trap on American streets and roads for errands or day trips is insanity. literally hitting anything larger than a 10-speed is likely to result in injury or death. putting around an RV resort...maybe. anything else, no thanks.

negatives? i don't see ANY positives compared to my Jeep. when...if...the day ever comes when an EV has the cargo capacity, range, real, actual comfort for 4-6 humans on a chassis similar to a typical SUV at a price the average American can afford and wants to buy, can be re-charged in about the same amount of time as it takes to gas up my Jeep and hit the head at charging stations as numerous and convenient as gas stations...then i may consider an EV. i'm not holding my breath.

regards.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Idle-Up
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
LMAO @ the toad! looks perfectly safe unless you hit something...anything, really,,,larger than a 10-speed bike.

Thanks for the reply - its certainly much safer than a golf cart and its up to par with a lot of ATV's. Don't think of the negatives, you're missing the whole point of the comfort of being dry, AC, heat, windows, and close to 100 miles or range etc.

Regards

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would have expected it to at least be towable 4-down if intended to be an RV toad.

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
I think I will continue to use my Jeep Wrangler for a towed vehicle.
For one thing, it is towable four down, I do not need a trailer.
If I want to tow a trailer, I can load up my street-legal Kawasaki Brute Force ATV.
Thanks, but no thanks. I neither need nor want one of these things.
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just another advertisement, disguised as a 'news' item. Waste of time.
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
ferndaleflyer wrote:
I'll stick with my Smart car---same size as a golf cart yet has all the bells and whistles for the street and will go down the Interstate at 90 if you desire and it is a MERCEDES!!!!!!!

just don't hit a 10-speed. 😉
Rich
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
ferndaleflyer wrote:
I'll stick with my Smart car---same size as a golf cart yet has all the bells and whistles for the street and will go down the Interstate at 90 if you desire and it is a MERCEDES!!!!!!!

True. And the electrics are pretty quick.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Wonder what the drive train is.

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Nice but I doubt it will be street legal in most states.

They should have made it the same size as Smart and looking closer to basic Suzuki Sidekick.

Street legal in SOME states on roads where the speed limit is 35MPH or less per both the article and what I know. Same as a Golf Car, provided it is registered for on-road use..

no use to me as I need 55MPH and longer range.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
way2roll wrote:
I am sure there is a niche market for this. Won't replace standard toads or golf carts but I am sure there are folks out there who view this as the ideal solution to a problem. If you were to be in one place that didn't require a car for long periods of time, something like that might be for you. People drive golf carts around our neighborhood all the time. Even to the grocery store.

it’s a solution in a desperate search for a problem.
Rich
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
I am sure there is a niche market for this. Won't replace standard toads or golf carts but I am sure there are folks out there who view this as the ideal solution to a problem. If you were to be in one place that didn't require a car for long periods of time, something like that might be for you. People drive golf carts around our neighborhood all the time. Even to the grocery store.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Reisender wrote:
I get the impression it’s meant to be used as a golf cart within communities. Probably safer than a standard golf cart although I see some golf carts have seat belts now. Neat idea. Probably work for some.

Death wish???. Meh. A lot of us drive bikes and scooters on the road. We spend a lot of time in Europe. People tend to be a little less afraid of living there. :).

The size of this car is standard in Europe, lol -- Italy specially.