cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

washer/dryer

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I read here some years ago that you should only do laundry while in the CG not while driving down the road. no explanation for this and it has bugged me for years. anyone have an answer for me?
14 REPLIES 14

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
myface wrote:
I had Splendide (washer/dryer combo) and took forever to dry laundry. Unless I am hook up to power and water, I will not use it.

It sounds like you had the version that uses condensation instead of heat which is exhausted to the outside. Those do take forever to do a bad job in the end. The ones with vented heated drying do a very good job as long as you don't stuff it too full.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
I use mine for shoe storage
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

myface
Explorer
Explorer
I had Splendide (washer/dryer combo) and took forever to dry laundry. Unless I am hook up to power and water, I will not use it.

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
Not really an option with us unless a load is already started before slides come in. In travel mode the W/D becomes very hard to get to. Regardless I wouldn't be a fan of laundry while traveling. When we RV we typically aint that busy.
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
As long as you have enough water and gray water tank capacity I don't see a issue. They have had laundry machines on sailboats for a long time so I don't see movement as an issue.
Kevin

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Splendide washer can use as little as 9 gallons for a wash. If you add extended wash or rinse cycles it can use up to 16. We have almost never used either of these so the wash cycle is not a big water user.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
No reason not to, especially if you are going from CG to CG, even with small tanks. Uses 20 gallons and a out of balance load on the spin cycle will put more force on it than any bump.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

PNW_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
I have two rigs with washer and dryer.

I found them fairly useless unless I had full hookups. The water and waste tankage were a severe limitation. Doing a modest amount of laundry DOUBLED our water consumption.

I do a lot of boondocking. That makes the frugal consumption of water and power is necessary. So, laundry in the RV is not very practical for me.

Just my $0.02 ๐Ÿ™‚
2004.5 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, NV5400, 5" turbo back stainless exhaust, Edger programmer & 22.5 Alcoa's
2002 Forest River 36 5th Wheel (staying home)
1992 Jayco 29 5th Wheel (Mexico veteran & headed back)
2002 "faux" Wanderlodge 40' My new toy....

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I didn't post in the other thread but I would not hesitate.
And I'd run if off an inverter to do so.

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
There was a post 3 days ago on this very subject.

Click
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

js218
Explorer
Explorer
Use mine all the time rolling down the road.
2017 Haulmark 45' Super C 600hp, 12 speed I shift transmission, tandem drive axles, 3 stage engine brake, towing 26' trailer with an 08 explorer inside.
Jim

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Should be OK.

But my thoughts. Mechanical device bouncing down the road with a load of water and clothes? Probably not designed for that environment. Long gen run times unless you have an inverter in which case more alternator output required. Uses a lot of water. Is someone going to be checking it while moving?
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have on but I bet it would work fine if you didn't fill the gray tank or run out of water. How much water do you use for a load?

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
..ahh, too many snappy answers.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman