Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Eagle Cap 1160 Dump Valves
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Eagle Cap 1160 Dump Valves

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
reddrum

Central NC

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/20 03:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have an Eagle Cap 1160. 2008 era. It appears to be time to replace the black dump valve. Not a lot, but a drip from time to time out of the pipe.

These valves are shoved way up in the basement of the camper so I am hoping there is some kind of hidden access. Does anyone know how you get to the valves on these to replace them?

Thanks in advance!

billyray50

North Dallas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/09/20 07:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I purchased 2 of the valterra twist on waste valves and installed both on my 2018 fifthwheel and 2015 truck camper. Works great and good product. Just offering you another option.

reddrum

Central NC

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/20 02:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting. I have not seen those. One of those would at least give me time to figure it out and install the real valve on my schedule.

The valve in the camper appears to be very inaccessible. Hoping there is some magic access to it otherwise it is cutting a hole in the inside of the camper to access it.

Thanks!

wnjj

Cornelius, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/20 03:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you have to cut anything, take the outside bottom panel (i.e. bottom exterior "wall") off then see what you have to do from there. That way anything you do doesn't show.

reddrum

Central NC

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/20 04:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thinking of taking the interior floor up (the part you walk on), trying to find any structure, and making a hole. Then should be able to repair whatever hole is made and put some new flooring down. Current plan at least...

Clarryhill

Midcoast Maine

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/16/20 07:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We did the same as Billyray. Works just fine, certainly one heck of a lot better than getting that "surprise" every time I opened the dump valve.

2014 Ford F450 PSD
2017 Lance 1172

wnjj

Cornelius, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 01/16/20 09:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

reddrum wrote:

Thinking of taking the interior floor up (the part you walk on), trying to find any structure, and making a hole. Then should be able to repair whatever hole is made and put some new flooring down. Current plan at least...

Isn’t the basement floor under the valves the actual bottom of the camper? I know others have removed the bottom panel to access water tanks and heat ducts. It’s just a bunch of screws. I may be thinking of Arctic Fox owners’ posts.

reddrum

Central NC

View Profile

Posted: 01/16/20 09:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, the basement floor is the bottom of the camper. The walls/floors of an EC (probably others I guess) are laminated walls with aluminum structure surrounded by glass outside and wood inside. Scares me to work on the bottom where there could be significant structure. Interior floor does not scare me as much. Still hoping I can find someone that has done this to an EC...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Eagle Cap 1160 Dump Valves
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.