Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Dually valve extenders
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> Dually valve extenders

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
harley-dave

ummm, where are we again..

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/20 06:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stay away from the screw on type, most of them leak. They are also not intended to be used with TPMS which keeps pressure in the stem all the time. Then they really leak. We went with Borg all around. Be sure and get the rubber wheel hole supports for them at the same time.

Dave

2005 Winnebago-Itasca Sundancer 31C
2010 Harley-Davidson Soft tail Deluxe
2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special
1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4X4
SKP # 121272

wildmanbaker

Kennewick, Washington

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/20 09:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are probably thounsans of people that have and use the braided extentions and never have any problem with them. There are "O" ring seals that are a wear item, that should be replaced at times.

Wildmanbaker

willald

GA

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/20 11:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nothing wrong with the braided extensions, as long as you make sure and get ones that are AIRLESS. Meaning, no air pressure in the extension except when you attach a gauge or air hose. With those, it doesn't matter if the extension works loose, you won't lose any air since there is no air in them (extensions) to lose. I've been using those for years, they work great.

Have used the Borg dually solid valve stem replacements, too. Never could understand why, but they intermittently leaked air soo much, I finally gave up on them and went back to the braided extensions. Never a problem again. The U shaped ones that Borg makes for the outer duals work great, but something about those looong stem valves for the inner, they just would not hold air.

I'd recommend extensions, as long as you make sure whatever extensions you get are airless.

Will and Cheryl
2012 FR Georgetown 351DS on F53 (V10) Chassis
See it here

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/20 05:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

willald wrote:

Nothing wrong with the braided extensions, as long as you make sure and get ones that are AIRLESS. Meaning, no air pressure in the extension except when you attach a gauge or air hose.

If you scroll back you will see where I posted "one worked one did not".. Guess what. they were airless types.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

willald

GA

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/20 08:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wa8yxm wrote:

willald wrote:

Nothing wrong with the braided extensions, as long as you make sure and get ones that are AIRLESS. Meaning, no air pressure in the extension except when you attach a gauge or air hose.

If you scroll back you will see where I posted "one worked one did not".. Guess what. they were airless types.

I'm curious as to specifically what you meant when you said that one of the braided extensions did not work?

By did not work, did you mean that it leaked out air? If so, I'm really curious how, as if they are truly airless, there is no air in them to leak out? They could work themselves completely loose, or even fall completely off, and still no air can leak as there isn't any air pressure in them except when you put a gauge or hose on it?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> Dually valve extenders
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.