cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

White-Rogers thermostat issue.........

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had new thermostat installed about 3 months ago due to furnace issue. They replaced main circuit board and put in a manual White-Rogers thermostat. Solved all my issues, however, went outside tonight and found the furnace had been running EVEN though the thermostat was in the off position (far left until it clicks). Temps outside today were 42 degrees and checked propane tank which was full and it's now empty. Only thing I can think is that the new thermo isn't recognizing the "off" position? Just asking before I inquire about getting another thermostat from repair shop to install myself. I had to pull the fuse from the panel box to get the blower motor to stop blowing.
3 REPLIES 3

pushtoy_2
Explorer
Explorer
go to the people that instaled it have them fix they put it in
DREAMER FMCA200924
GS Life member

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does your thermostat have a slide to turn it to 'off' If so , it must 'click' to be 'off'.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
It is possible, though doubtful. Some manual thermostats that don't have a separate master on-off switch need the lever pushed or pulled or something before sliding into the actual off setting, kind of like you need to do to shift into park.

It would not be hard to install a separate switch inline with the thermostat to shut it fully off if needed.