Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: White-Rogers thermostat issue.........
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> White-Rogers thermostat issue.........

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
VA-Apraisr

glen allen, VA

View Profile

Posted: 01/09/20 07:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had new thermostat installed about 3 months ago due to furnace issue. They replaced main circuit board and put in a manual White-Rogers thermostat. Solved all my issues, however, went outside tonight and found the furnace had been running EVEN though the thermostat was in the off position (far left until it clicks). Temps outside today were 42 degrees and checked propane tank which was full and it's now empty. Only thing I can think is that the new thermo isn't recognizing the "off" position? Just asking before I inquire about getting another thermostat from repair shop to install myself. I had to pull the fuse from the panel box to get the blower motor to stop blowing.

DrewE

Vermont

View Profile

Posted: 01/09/20 10:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is possible, though doubtful. Some manual thermostats that don't have a separate master on-off switch need the lever pushed or pulled or something before sliding into the actual off setting, kind of like you need to do to shift into park.

It would not be hard to install a separate switch inline with the thermostat to shut it fully off if needed.

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/20 12:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does your thermostat have a slide to turn it to 'off' If so , it must 'click' to be 'off'.

pushtoy 2

texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/20 05:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

go to the people that instaled it have them fix they put it in

DREAMER ">

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> White-Rogers thermostat issue.........
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.