cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Proposed new gun law for interstate travel

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
I know guns are a touchy subject but there is a new proposal starting to make its rounds through the Senate that will at least standardize rules for people who travel state to state. With the states having such a high degree of variance in their rules this may help travellers.
Gun bill

Edit add, from the senators website. more info on the bill as well as a link to the actual bill.
Daines site
8 REPLIES 8

96Bounder30E
Explorer
Explorer
Closed
Eric
96 Bounder 30E-F53(460)
stock Ford intake w/K&N air filter
used Thorley headers
new Banks resonator, muffler, tail pipe and 4" polished SS exhaust tip

rhagfo
Explorer
Explorer
paddykernahan wrote:
One can only hope something like this will pass someday.
Kind of crazy that you can be all good and proper and become a felon by crossing a state line.
Actually if all states followed the Constitution this would be a moot point.

Speaking of that party that more than likely would never approve this seems to be constantly shouting "But the Constitution" but when it comes to measures like this, NOPE NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, we don't care what the Constitution says.

State laws, what about local laws! What is allowed in one County or City, will get you arrested in another.
Those that think taking guns from law abiding citizens, will solve the problem just are not thinking straight.
Just like a "Gun Free Zone" It should read "Criminals Come here to shoot this place up, No Resistance"
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
bid_time wrote:
this is dead on arrival.

The thread LOL?

paddykernahan
Explorer
Explorer
One can only hope something like this will pass someday.
Kind of crazy that you can be all good and proper and become a felon by crossing a state line.
Actually if all states followed the Constitution this would be a moot point.

Speaking of that party that more than likely would never approve this seems to be constantly shouting "But the Constitution" but when it comes to measures like this, NOPE NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, we don't care what the Constitution says.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
bid_time wrote:
Given that the house is comprised of a majority of members from one particular political party that opposes guns, this is dead on arrival. Try again next year.

It's amazing how some are terrified of inanimate objects but, they coddle and support criminals.
I agree, a uniform law is needed.

p220sigman
Explorer
Explorer
I agree, that with the current make-up of the legislative branch, this is DRT (Dead Right There). I don't have a particular concern with bill as it only protects the transportation of the unloaded and secured firearm. It isn't allowing for concealed/open carry of a ready to use firearm.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well I would, without actually reading the bill (Will do that later) tend to feel that UNIFORM is a good thing when it comes to laws.

That said the Guns I carry
Some shoot air (not projectiles but actual compressed air)
Some water
Some lubrication products
And of course some heat (Soldering gun for example)

Firearms... I leave to the professionals (Police, Military)

On edit. the linked article DOES NOT contain the actual bill. IT does however contain cause for concern but without the Bill I can't say how much.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

bid_time
Explorer
Explorer
wanderingaimlessly wrote:
I know guns are a touchy subject but there is a new proposal starting to make its rounds through the Senate that will at least standardize rules for people who travel state to state. With the states having such a high degree of variance in their rules this may help travellers.
Gun bill
Given that the house is comprised of a majority of members from one particular political party that opposes guns, this is dead on arrival. Try again next year.