Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Too big for a T/C ?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Too big for a T/C ?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
mountainkowboy

Socal > NE Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/20 11:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

6'1" 230, and I just modified my dinette for me to fit comfortably.

[image]

Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
1990 F350 S/C Lariat Dually (Red)
1990 S&S 11SC Cabover
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/20 02:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dinettes vary by manufacturer and model. You are quite a bit heavier but my height. No, dinettes aren’t comfortable to anyone. My DW is a foot shorter and still isn’t comfortable. We leave the table at home most of the time and I built a half round 2 foot table to use in it’s place. That gives us a lot more leg room.

We’ve thought about a love seat, but you can loose storage. We may still do it sometime, but have got by for 13 years so maybe not. [emoticon]

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Hankook DH-01 225/19.5 Fs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/20 07:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some people just can't get used to the height issue with a TC hence the only reason I have mine..The guy had horses his wife showed and wanted to try a TC but he could not get used to the low ceiling with his 6'4" height..After selling the TC to me,they were going to a horse trailer with living quarters..

1994 F-350 DRW /460/k&n intake /415# torque/lance 9.6/3 gr 27 batteries/Honda 2k/Honda 3K/Reese solid bar extension/buddy heater/3 inverters/3/4" Horse mat cushion-Non slip/happi Jack tie downs /Firestone bags /Yamaha Rhino/Winch/locker UTV/Zieman trailer

DWeikert

York, PA

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/20 09:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm 6'2" 240, down from the 260 when I bought my camper. And I have one of the smaller campers on the market. One thing that helps is this camper doesn't have the U shaped dinette, just a bench along one side with a removable table in front. I never use the table but at meal time pull out a folding tray table.

Dan
2008 Chevy D/A 2500HD ECSB
2010 Northstar 8.5 Adventurer

Fisher Bill

Tigard

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/14/20 12:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had a AC 1150 because my wife is claustrophobic and we used it for 4 years but she won out so now we have a 32' 5er

2006 Chevy 3500 Dually 6.6 Duramax Diesel & Allison Transmission
2010 Northshore 28RK by Dutchmen
Our first fifth wheel!!!

Ranger Tim

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/20 01:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am 6'5" and 250 lbs. The truck camper works for me fine. I would hit my head on the A/C unit if I stood full height under it but it doesn't bother me. Some campers didn't have the interior height so I avoided them. The U-shaped dinette works fine in my model because it has enough room at each end for me to sit. It is better when the table is absent. I would like to replace it with one of those adjustable tables.

All truck campers that I can afford or have the ability to carry are tight on space. I buy it to sleep and cook in, not "hang out." I prefer to sit outside if at all possible, so interior room is not that important to me. If I had bought it to live in I would buy another type of motorhome. Having the ability to park nearly everywhere, tow something and to fit in nearly any campsite are worth putting up with a small interior.

Good luck with your mission.

Ranger Tim
2006 F-350 Super Crew King Ranch SRW Bulletproofed
2016 Wolf Creek 840
Upper and Lower StableLoads

Optimistic Paranoid

East Nowhere NY

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/20 01:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For a comfortable table for the dinette, look at the Lagun system.

https://www.lagunusa.com/

Capri has started using them in their campers, and you can see one in action around 1:30 in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug_7Qub5mxY

As for replacing your mattress with 4" of memory foam, memory foam is never used as a mattress by itself. so called memory foam mattresses all have 2" or 3" of memory foam bonded on top of 4" to 5" of regular foam.

The Foam factory can custom cut almost anything you want. Take a look at their web site.

https://www.thefoamfactory.com/mattress/mattress.html

StirCrazy

Kamloops, BC, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/20 05:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

i just bought an older camper. just found out the table will sping on its single pole base. this is mounted offset on the bottom of the tabe so one way it makes more isle space, spin it 180 and it makes more seating space.

Steve

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 01/29/20 03:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank goodness I’m a little guy

I moved the table to off center when our Lance 1161 was new

Spin for company

2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

ticki2

NH

View Profile

Posted: 01/29/20 05:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ceiling height is ceiling height. , you'll just have to find one that works for you . There are many work around for the table . Google " sliding rv dinette table " , and you will find several , mine is one of them . If it is a single pedestal type they come in different heights and can be changed easily .

'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Too big for a T/C ?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.