cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mexico Medical

GregToni
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking about going to Reynosa Mexico for cataract surgery, any comments?
8 REPLIES 8

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
GregToni wrote:
Thinking about going to Reynosa Mexico for cataract surgery, any comments?

That's a procedure I would want to do as close to home as possible.
Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
DallasSteve wrote:
Charlie D. wrote:
If you have Medicare they will pay a large portion of the cost.
If you want to go there from Colorado I would consider the cost of traveling, staying there, incidentals for the several days of post-op and then go back a week later for followup.

That's my plan. I'm waiting 2 more years for Medicare. Plus if they screw up here maybe you can sue the doctor, if you don't do the surgery in Texas. In Texas the doctor pretty much has to intentionally maim or kill you to be able to sue for malpractice.

Just a FYI, the really smart lawyers here in Tx file suit against the Dr in Fed court I have been told.
I had cataracts removed 1 1/2 years ago & Medicare paid 80 % of most of the bill . MC will not pay any of the extra cost of a Toric lens to correct astigmatism which I needed in the worst way for the left eye. I will say was worth the extra $ .
Your eyes are SOoooo important why not use the most reputable eye surgeon in your area instead of taking the risk of discount doc. It's like when I was in business, three things in a deal. Price, quality, & service. If you want it cheap then which of the other two are you willing to give up ?

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
Charlie D. wrote:
If you want to go there from Colorado I would consider the cost of traveling, staying there, incidentals for the several days of post-op and then go back a week later for followup.

That's my plan. I'm waiting 2 more years for Medicare. Plus if they screw up here maybe you can sue the doctor, if you don't do the surgery in Texas. In Texas the doctor pretty much has to intentionally maim or kill you to be able to sue for malpractice.
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
No Bueno!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
This should be moved to the snowbird forum where the OP can get some real answers and first-hand advice.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

chris3403
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know anything about Reynosa however Nevo Progresso about 25 miles to the east is very safe.
I've been to all 50 States but my RV hasn't.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldnโ€™t...didnโ€™t. Couldnโ€™t be more pleased with the outcome. You pays your money, you take your chances.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad