cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish/winegard problem solved

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
Several months ago our dish hopper/winegard roof traveler system stopped working. We have continued to carry the hopper but only used the dvr part. I tried all I knew but could not get it to successfully complete a test installation procedure even though the winegard was showing three sats locked in. I tried a new DPH42 switch with power inserter to no avail. We are now in Red Bay, AL to get the snap on wheel covers made.

I called a local winegard dealer to see if he could help while we were here and I had the hopper 3 with us. Long story short he told me to try several things and in the end bypassing the power inserter part of the DPH42 switch worked!

We now have satellite TV again and it cost me nothing. Wow am I happy plus I donโ€™t think I will have to have the DPH42 unplugged while the winegard is finding the sats anymore.

Needless to say, if we need satellite service in the future we will come here to see Nick Brewer at 2564605245.

BTW, i found this guy thru the Tiffin workers list of people that will work after hours. We are using several to fix various things even though we do not have a Tiffin. In fact, our converter died last night, and an electrician who worked for Tiffin 15 yrs came and replaced it today.
George 20 yr USAF & Lesley
4 REPLIES 4

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
gatorcq wrote:
Now, why not explain what stop, and exactly what you meant you bypass the PI. As I recall, you need the PI to supply power to the DBswitch

Both cables to the power inserter have been disconnected from the pi and connected together. According to the winegard tech I talked to the power comes from the receiver. The two cables are now connected together with a union.

One minor change in how it works also. Before both hopper and DPH42 switch were not plugged in until the sats were all locked in. Not I must plug in the DPH42 switch first, then seek the sats.
George 20 yr USAF & Lesley

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
Now, why not explain what stop, and exactly what you meant you bypass the PI. As I recall, you need the PI to supply power to the DBswitch
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Gee. And I still get so much OVER THE AIR that my DVR's (290 hours total storage time split 250/40 between two units) are in danger of overflow.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Good to hear sat TV is working again.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad