Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: insulation on a 28 ft all aluminum
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> insulation on a 28 ft all aluminum

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Rzrrider1

Spartanburg

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/20 06:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am looking at a ATC 28ft toy hauler and wondering should I opt for the extra insulation or not I am a weekend warrior not a full time camper

Johno02

Lexington, TN USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/20 07:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If buying new, I would get it. Will help with both heating and cooling. Usual RV walls and insulation are much like cardboard.

Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)
2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and a grouchy, old, tiny dog

Lwiddis

Mojave, Kern County, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/20 07:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Extra insulation is a good choice.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

cavie

Port Charlotte Fl/ Hindsdale MA

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/20 03:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You won't get anything EXTRA in the walls or roof. You will get a plastic cover for the underbelly.

2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

Tyler0215

Iowa

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/20 09:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You need to ask WHERE the extra insulation is. The roof and walls are only so thick, so, unless they upgrade the quality of the insulation, you won't gain any benefit there.
Extra insulation in the floor and for the tanks is a different story. Ask a lot of questions from the manufacturer, not the dealer, before you pay for something you may not need.

nayther

Burbank, CA

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/20 09:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tyler0215 wrote:

You need to ask WHERE the extra insulation is. The roof and walls are only so thick, so, unless they upgrade the quality of the insulation, you won't gain any benefit there.
Extra insulation in the floor and for the tanks is a different story. Ask a lot of questions from the manufacturer, not the dealer, before you pay for something you may not need.

if they use higher "K" value insulation it would be better, should not be a big add. If they're adding underbelly insulation as someone suggested that would be more $$

DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Y-Guy

Tri-Cities, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/20 11:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'd suggest trying to contact member hvac he has an ATC and did a lot of research, also lives in Michigan so might have a good take on that brand and insulation.

hvac

Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/20/20 09:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In a nutshell, although battleship reliable, and she has approx 37k miles in just 3 short years,the ATC is not an extreme cold weather coach. We find as it approaches below 30, then its time to move further south. Currently in desert hot springs. If you go colder then I would suggest investigating with the factory on what they offer as options.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> insulation on a 28 ft all aluminum
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.