cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

insulation on a 28 ft all aluminum

Rzrrider1
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking at a ATC 28ft toy hauler and wondering should I opt for the extra insulation or not I am a weekend warrior not a full time camper
7 REPLIES 7

hvac
Explorer
Explorer
In a nutshell, although battleship reliable, and she has approx 37k miles in just 3 short years,the ATC is not an extreme cold weather coach. We find as it approaches below 30, then its time to move further south. Currently in desert hot springs. If you go colder then I would suggest investigating with the factory on what they offer as options.

Y-Guy
I'd suggest trying to contact member hvac he has an ATC and did a lot of research, also lives in Michigan so might have a good take on that brand and insulation.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Tyler0215 wrote:
You need to ask WHERE the extra insulation is. The roof and walls are only so thick, so, unless they upgrade the quality of the insulation, you won't gain any benefit there.
Extra insulation in the floor and for the tanks is a different story. Ask a lot of questions from the manufacturer, not the dealer, before you pay for something you may not need.

if they use higher "K" value insulation it would be better, should not be a big add. If they're adding underbelly insulation as someone suggested that would be more $$
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
You need to ask WHERE the extra insulation is. The roof and walls are only so thick, so, unless they upgrade the quality of the insulation, you won't gain any benefit there.
Extra insulation in the floor and for the tanks is a different story. Ask a lot of questions from the manufacturer, not the dealer, before you pay for something you may not need.

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
You won't get anything EXTRA in the walls or roof. You will get a plastic cover for the underbelly.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Extra insulation is a good choice.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
If buying new, I would get it. Will help with both heating and cooling. Usual RV walls and insulation are much like cardboard.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.