Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slide room skis source?

Jimbee
Explorer
Explorer
Hey All,

We have a Rockwood 5th wheel and I noticed a rip in one of my slide room plastic skis. It appears to be an "L" shaped plastic piece that wraps around the bottom of the slide room and is screwed to the slide wall bottom edge. It looks easy enough to change, but I don't know where to find one!

Any ideas for online sources? The dealer is 200 miles from my house so popping in to order one isn't convenient.

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

patnchris
Explorer
Explorer
I had two of them do this on my Flagstaff (same as Rockwood) I tracked the problem to the nylon glides that they run on. They are pretty thin and if the screws are slightly crooked, the screw heads eat into the plastic pieces on the slide.
I addressed the issue by removing the nylon glides, on the main floor with thicker ones. I used pieces cut from a thocker plastic cutting board and countersunk the screws deeper.
Then I removed the plastic runners from the slide. O fabricated new ones from aluminum channel being carful to fold the ends like the original. This has worked perfectly for a few years.
Patrick and Christine
Trevor the cocker spaniel
2007 Ford F150 4X4 Max tow package
Flagstaff 8526 RLWS Classic Ultralight.

alboy
Explorer
Explorer
Unless its a real mess ,try some marine epoxy with a hardener,it has a slippery finish.Make sure you have no water damage first,been there .

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
Jimbee wrote:
Hey All,

We have a Rockwood 5th wheel and I noticed a rip in one of my slide room plastic skis. It appears to be an "L" shaped plastic piece that wraps around the bottom of the slide room and is screwed to the slide wall bottom edge. It looks easy enough to change, but I don't know where to find one!

Any ideas for online sources? The dealer is 200 miles from my house so popping in to order one isn't convenient.

Thanks!

I know some people in the past had fabricated their own with stainless. Just a thought and probably more durable in the long run. I'm sure any local metal shop can make you a pair.

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel