cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lemon camper

Nurses4u81
Explorer
Explorer
Let me just say if I didn’t enjoy camping so much I would be giving this adventure up....DO NOT EVER BUY A CAMPER FROM Stoltzfus Rv or manufactured by KZ/Venture Rv....they do not stand by their product...esp when it has been a lemon from day 1....this camper picked upon January 2018 has been nothing but problems...it now needs a completely new slide out...which the manufacturer says is too out of warranty to pay for...excuse me this has been an ongoing problem since it was returned to Stoltzfus RV in Westchester not even realizing this was a much bigger problem than some caulking they put on the area at the time. Like I have said before when we picked up camper after they “supposedly” fixed the problems...when in reality THEY created additional problems....they parked it out front and NEVER went over the repairs...the person in charge that day was rude and acted like we were nothing but a bother to him that day even though they knew we were coming. They had nothing ready to travel with this camper..thank heavens we at least checked inside but at that point could not even verify that all the problems were completed. For the manufacturer to say these issues were out of the warranty period is just wrong! This trailer was covered by a manufacturers warranty, a Forever Warranty which costs me over $300 a year to get the inspections needed for this warranty to continue “forever” plus an extended warranty I paid an additional amount for and NONE of this really covers anything. To say I’m beyond fed up is an understatement
11 REPLIES 11

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for your issues. For folks in eastern PA, Stoltzfus RVs and Marine in West Chester is not the same as Stoltzfus in Adamstown PA. The business in Adamstown has a great reputation.

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Nurses4u81 wrote:
Let me just say if I didn’t enjoy camping so much I would be giving this adventure up....DO NOT EVER BUY A CAMPER FROM Stoltzfus Rv or manufactured by KZ/Venture Rv....they do not stand by their product...esp when it has been a lemon from day 1....this camper picked upon January 2018 has been nothing but problems...it now needs a completely new slide out...which the manufacturer says is too out of warranty to pay for...excuse me this has been an ongoing problem since it was returned to Stoltzfus RV in Westchester not even realizing this was a much bigger problem than some caulking they put on the area at the time. Like I have said before when we picked up camper after they “supposedly” fixed the problems...when in reality THEY created additional problems....they parked it out front and NEVER went over the repairs...the person in charge that day was rude and acted like we were nothing but a bother to him that day even though they knew we were coming. They had nothing ready to travel with this camper..thank heavens we at least checked inside but at that point could not even verify that all the problems were completed. For the manufacturer to say these issues were out of the warranty period is just wrong! This trailer was covered by a manufacturers warranty, a Forever Warranty which costs me over $300 a year to get the inspections needed for this warranty to continue “forever” plus an extended warranty I paid an additional amount for and NONE of this really covers anything. To say I’m beyond fed up is an understatement

Extended warranties are a joke, they are more a PR thing than anything else.

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Did you post your experience on RV Service Reviews?

Maybe not the best of ideas if the PM proceeds as suggested by the attorney's post, which I thought was spot on.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Did you post your experience on RV Service Reviews?

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
You have received good advice in all of the above replies. I bought a KZ some years ago and it was a lemon for sure, my dealer was less than useless. If you can work with the factory and get it to them, you have a good chance of getting the problems resolved. Of course KZ has been bought up by Thor and things may have gone downhill.

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
dblr wrote:
We never really recieved good service at the West Chester Stoltzfus either.I would bypass the dealer and contact KZ yourself for help in this matter, but even tho it's hard be nice when you contact them remember you need their help. Explain everything to them and even be ready to possibly take it back to the factory we had friends recieve help on their Durango Gold 5th wheel and it was even after the warranty ran out/ I know your upset but being nice when asking for help will go a lot farther then mentioning a lawyer, good luck and keep us posted.

This is very good advice. I am an attorney, and not knowing your state's laws and the circumstances of your situation, I can't even say if you have any grounds at all. It is completely possible that you could easily prevail in an action or would be summarily dismissed after the first filing. Regardless, your upfront legal costs could easily exceed the cost of the RV without any certainty of the outcome.

I always tell people in situations like you seemingly have is to try to work it out yourself. Be businesslike, and present your case to the manufacturer in an objective manner without criticizing either their dealer or manufacturing processes. The first time you threaten to engage in any legal action you will shut the door completely with the manufacturer. If you use the same tone you used in your post with the manufacturer, you will fail. While you may have every right to be upset, using anger as a negotiating strategy when you are basically asking them for a favor will fail.

On another note, it appears you were not a well informed buyer. You apparently bought third party "warranties" (it sounds like two actually) that often have little value. Then your expectation of these valueless warranties may have been unrealistic as you probably relied on the salespersons explanation rather than reading and understanding the policy for yourself. It also appears that you are not equipped to make routine repairs and adjustments to the RV yourself. I saw posted once the phrase, "To own a RV you either need to be real handy fixing things or real handy at writing checks."

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
We never really recieved good service at the West Chester Stoltzfus either.I would bypass the dealer and contact KZ yourself for help in this matter, but even tho it's hard be nice when you contact them remember you need their help. Explain everything to them and even be ready to possibly take it back to the factory we had friends recieve help on their Durango Gold 5th wheel and it was even after the warranty ran out/ I know your upset but being nice when asking for help will go a lot farther then mentioning a lawyer, good luck and keep us posted.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Sorry to hear about the poor treatment.
Agree, may be the dealer and mfg is worse than the camper itself.

If there's more than one issue, try to separate the issues.
And if the dealer has jerked you around repeatedly, presuming, what has the mfg said?

One step at a time. Hope you get some resolution.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

OleManOleCan
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like the Dealer is worse than the camper.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Sounds like you bought an extended warranty. Unfortunately those warranties have so many limitations that they are barely worth the paper they are written on.

I hate to say it, but the advice above is spot on.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
See an attorney.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad