cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Davis Bayou & Florida Panhandle

GaryS1953
Explorer
Explorer
HI All- We've been planning and have reservations for both parks at Gulf Islands National Seashore, Davis Bayou, then Fort Pickens campgrounds. Seeing a LOT of rain in the forecast for the area, and wondering how the actual conditions are on the ground? Anybody currently staying in the area now? We are coming from Michigan and need to time our departure and arrival so as to avoid snow, ice, and any major precipitation in general.

Any help appreciated.
Gary in Michigan
2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 Double Cab 5.3 Liter V8
1996 Coachmen Catalina RB210 21' Fifth Wheel
495 Watts Solar, 40 AMP Renogy Tracer MPPT Controller,2 GC2 6V Batts.
3 REPLIES 3

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
No I was saying 'it's no surprise that I haven't heard of it," since I'm in Florida. As for whether it always rains in MS, I wouldn't know but all those bayous were filled with water somehow...heh. It has been quite rainly in North Florida and I assume the panhandle. Dry lakes are full.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

GaryS1953
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
Never heard of Davis Bayou before, but try this: Gulf Islands closures hotline (850) 934-2656 for current info. No surprise I guess since it's in MS

agesilaus - Yes, we are headed pretty much straight south to Ocean Springs MS, which is where the Davis Bayou campground is, and is part of the Gulf Islands National Seashore. We have reservations, so I assume they would notify us there were closures, but if we found most trails were soggy or flooded we would cancel a few days of our reservation and leave later. Not sure what you mean by "since it's in MS). Are you saying it's ALWAYS rainy in MS?

Thanks!
Gary in Michigan
2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 Double Cab 5.3 Liter V8
1996 Coachmen Catalina RB210 21' Fifth Wheel
495 Watts Solar, 40 AMP Renogy Tracer MPPT Controller,2 GC2 6V Batts.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Never heard of Davis Bayou before, but try this: Gulf Islands closures hotline (850) 934-2656 for current info. No surprise I guess since it's in MS
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper