cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rio Grande Village RV Campground in Big Bend NP

plkitchen
Explorer
Explorer
I am interested in information regarding the Rio Grande Village RV Campground in Big Bend NP. Is it easy to get to and how are the services. Also how accessible are the sites for a 35' fifth wheel. I am planning a trip to Big Bend in the spring and was considering this campground or Stillwell RV Park in Alpine.
7 REPLIES 7

HalD
Explorer
Explorer
Be sure to make your reservations well in advance, as the full hook-up sites have been filled up this winter.
Rio Grande Village C.G. also has reservable sites in addition to first come first served.
Forever Resorts is the park concessionaire and also runs the large C.G. and motel in Study Butte.
Stillwell is a separate deal toward La Linda outside the park on the east side. They will always have room or make room for you.

plkitchen
Explorer
Explorer
Fitznj - are you referring to the Big Bend Resort & Adventures RV Park in Terlingua? I saw some recent reviews on that park that indicated that the water there was not potable in addition to other negative comments.

DougE
Explorer
Explorer
fitnj- Are you describing Study Butte rather than Terlingua?
Currently Between RVs

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure how many times Iโ€™ve heard that the RV park is just an asphalt parking lot. Thatโ€™s true but no one mentions that the area immediately behind each spot is a relative nicely grassed area with trees nand picnic tables. At least it was when last I was there.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

fitznj
Explorer
Explorer
Rio Grande is really remote and far from any supplies; There is a small, and
I mean REALLY small grocery store and gas close by but it is far from anything
else; The sites are essentially a large parking lot and rather unappealing.

Stillwell RV is just on the outside of the park but again really remote.
Personally, I'd stay at Terlingua - large grocery store, several restaurants,
close to the NP and closer to the State Park.
Gerry

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Small store with basics.
Long way to get fuel and real groceries.
We stayed in NPS campground, no hook ups.
Both campgrounds can fit rig with ease!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed there twice it is only 25 full hook up sites so hard to get into, we stay there for a week and then moved to Maverick Ranch in Lajitas to visit the western side of the park
It is a parking lot but the only full hookup campground in the park - a 35 ft fifth wheel is no problem - they are all back in sites

Alpine too far away in my opinion

our site last year
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks