Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Advice from current owners on new purchase
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Advice from current owners on new purchase

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Stevevdw

West Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/20 10:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are looking at replacing our 15 yo beloved Jayflight. Don’t need the bunks anymore so looking for more useable floor plan. Unfortunately the new ones are not what the old ones were. We decided on either a Palomino Solaire (not sure which model) or a Heritage Glen 24RLHL. Asking for any current owners input on quality or likes/dislikes. Useful input would be appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Steve n' Lisa, Nathan & Hannah
2005 Jayco 29BHS & lots of other junk
1999 F-150 Lariat Extended cab 5.4 V8
Reese HP/DC WDH, Prodigy Controller
Trying to learn all Mom & Dad forgot about raising Kids

CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/20 10:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I cant help you with that brand, but i think you really should shop just for floor plan. Then when you find what you like, judge if it is of acceptable quality for your needs.
Gook Luck with your search- I start to zone out pretty quickly when hunting up a new RV.

theoldwizard1

SE MI

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/20 10:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quality is "hit and miss" through out most of the industry.

Regardless of what you choose, do a thorough inspection BEFORE signing anything. Make them demonstrate all appliances including water tanks/pumps and city water connections. You might want to warn your salesperson ahead of time that without the inspection there is no deal.

BarabooBob

Baraboo, WI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/12/20 11:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When we were getting a new TT, we followed the "find a floor plan that you like" way of thinking. I looked at about 20 different floor plans and then went looking for price, dealer attitude, and quality of construction.
I have no brand loyalty for TT or my vehicle insurance. It is all about the money and what they are giving me for it. As far as dealer, several just plain lied to me so I walked.

Bob & Dawn Married 32 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/20 11:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As said before, look closely. I have heard some comments , and seen why they were made about some units. Closely check fit of cabinets and materials, Particle board is junk, plywood is better, and for frames, hardwood is better still. More money for the unit often buys more "glitz" NOT more quality. You will usually get more of one OR the other, not always both.

cougar28

Lowell,AR USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/20 12:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We started with a floor plan first. With what we were looking for it limited us to a few mfg.

2002 F-250 SD CC 7.3PSD Auto. XLT Short Bed 4X4 Off-Rd.Pkg.Highland Green,Westin Sportsman Grille Guard (Black) RBW Li'l Rocker Slider ,Prodigy Control Towing Jayco Eagle HT 30.5 MLOK,Handy 5er tailgate

RoverJWL

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/12/20 12:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My shopping priorities - salesman, price range, floor plan, check shower (tall enough), bed (long enough), galley (enough storage), comfortable seating, weight, color and design. Sure wish I had remembered all this when I bought mine in August. I bought it online from a national dealer 300 miles away. Still happy with it. Enjoy!!

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/20 04:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

don,t let distance stop you.

evanrem

WI

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/20 07:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We bought a Solaire a few years back and for the most part it’s has been good except for the floor. It’s thin plywood some sort of styrofoam and another layer of thin plywood. The problem is the thin wood had a knot or something and it cracked and felt soft under your feet. I had it repaired twice and it still is noticeable. Overall the floor is pretty sketchy in my opinion.

treyster

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/20 05:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We went to the RV show yesterday, only looking at non bunk house trailers. Just 2 of us lol. We loved the Heritage Glen 25RB HL. It was priced at $25K. Fit and finish was very good, maybe the show model

[image]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Advice from current owners on new purchase
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.