cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Falken Wildpeak AT3W

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
I installed Falken Wildpeaks on my Ram a few months ago and thought I’d post a quick review on them since another member asked for feedback on them. I installed the stock size which is 275/70R18 on my truck. They were a bit squirmy at first but in line with what you’d expect from any decently aggressive AT tire, and they settled down after a couple hundred miles. They’re very quiet on the highway and have good traction in all conditions, most impressively in snow. They have the mountain snowflake rating which in important when traction tires or chains are required. I put them on after hunting season so I haven’t had them off-road much although I think they’ll well.

The big remaining question is treadwear. These replaced BFG AT/KO2 tires that I really liked but they just didn’t hold up well enough under a diesel truck. BFG does now offer a DT version that are supposed to hold up better but they lose the mountain snowflake rating and frankly we’re about $300/set more than the Falkens. In comparing the two the BFG’s have a more aggressive sidewall but the tread is actually a bit more aggressive on the Falkens with larger voids. I read a lot of reviews before I bought these tires and good tread life seemed to be something a lot of people were touting, so hopefully that will prove true.

I paid a little over $1000 installed including tax so they’re a good value.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB
5 REPLIES 5

specta
Explorer
Explorer

Thanks for the report.

These Michelin Agilis CrossClimate LT "commercial" tires are the 6th set of tire on my truck and I am more than pleased with them.
They are snowflake tires too.

I just took this picture. They now have 12,300 miles on them and only 2/32" of the original 12.5/32" of tread has worn off.

They are smooth, quiet and excellent snow tires.

Deep lug aggressive MTs are better in deep snow but these are excellent tires in the rain and snow packed roads and everything I need for the deep snow as well.
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
To add to my comments above, as long as the Falkens wear well I think I'll stick with them going forward. They're a great value and they hit a pretty sweet spot for me in terms of their on/off-road tread design and the mountain snowflake rating.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
The General looks like a good tire as well, very similar to the BFG KO in tread design. I am getting my EXO Grapplers siped this week, as they are about 50-70 percent worn and Winter looks to be legit this year here. My next set will be the Wild Peak. I really like the Exo's, but at $600 more per set than the Falcons, makes it tough not to explore other options.
2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
I've read nothing but praise about these new Wildpeaks - that said i did throw on a new set of General Grabber A/TX's on my truck last summer and was quite impressed with them overall, little wear in around 15K , good chunk of that towing and they were extremely well priced, about 60$ less a piece than the Falkens.
TV - 2017 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7 + 5er - 2021 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS + B&W Companion
On Order - 2022 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7

cougar28
Explorer
Explorer
I also have the Falken Wildpeaks in a 285/75R16 10ply load rated at 3750 lb. Have about 20,000 miles on them and tread wear and traction is far better than the Firestones-Yokohama and Goodyear that I ran in the past. When I wear these out I will buy another set for sure.
2002 F-250 SD CC 7.3PSD Auto. XLT Short Bed 4X4 Off-Rd.Pkg.Highland Green,Westin Sportsman Grille Guard (Black) RBW Li'l Rocker Slider ,Prodigy Control Towing Jayco Eagle HT 30.5 MLOK,Handy 5er tailgate