cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SOLVED No 12V

myface
Explorer
Explorer
I do not know how, but I lost all 12V in coach. I have 12v when the gen is running but if I turn off gen the 12V is off. I can not locate master switch - if any.
30 REPLIES 30

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
myface wrote:
All fuse are under the dashboard. My electric mirror do not work. I was looking for the fuse and found today. Thank you Winnebago for the confusion - next time hide better.

I think there are two competitions at vehicle manufacturers and RV body builders as well

One is "How well can we hide it" (See this thread)

The other is "how can we make it hard to service"

1970 Ford or GM Heater core replacement
Manual says "Drain the cooling system" (Most just hemostat the heater hoses)

Disconnect heater hose from core
Remove about a dozen screws from cover. life cover, pad and core. Install new or rebulit core. replace pad, cover and screws, re-attach hoses and top off cooling system. takes almost as long to do as it does to type it out.

Today's Evacuate the air conditioner system and disconnect lines at fire wall an seal off.. Again drain cooling system (or hemostat).
Dissassemble passanger side of dash (most cars read on for Renault)
Slide A/C evaporator out on it's rails and lift heater core out from behind it.

Renault alliance: Remove steering column (the heater core is between the driver's legs... Or was in the past)

I'm sure some engineer won awards for making it so much harder to do.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

myface
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I would take a little "spare" time and locate make and model of your appliances. You can then down load manuals. Bryantrv.com has many. He is member here.
Winnebago has many of you drawings on their website.
I save many of the manuals to a thumb drive. We carry a laptop in the MH.
Make a list of your problems, prioritize them.
Don't hesitate to ask here. Don't be upset about some posts.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

myface
Explorer
Explorer
As former truck driver, I have no problem driving this vehicle, but the rest of it I need to learn, just like I learn about boats 6 years ago. I have experience how to fix a boat and drive. Now the motor home. I have the owner manual, but no diagrams. I got 3 month to get to shape and then - hit the road.
Thanks again.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
You are welcome!
Take your time fix one thing at a time. You will pick up more experience and be able to help others!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

myface
Explorer
Explorer
All fuse are under the dashboard. My electric mirror do not work. I was looking for the fuse and found today. Thank you Winnebago for the confusion - next time hide better.

myface
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen you are my savior. the breaker is under the dashboard. I would never guess. Thank you very much.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Wiring diagram 1 40 amp under dash pod.

wiring diagram 2
Hope this helps.
Make sure you turn coach (aux) switch on/off without engine running for testing. You could be hearing the charge relay and not battery disconnect. 1/0 red wire goes to charge/emergency start relay then to battery disconnect.
Locate model of battery control center and post.
You could use larger fuse for your temporary connection maybe as large as 30.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

myface
Explorer
Explorer
8 gauge black wire going from solenoid to control box. I try to "chase" that wire, but it is too much cover. I will run 6 gauge wire from battery to control box with fuse(15A) in line. That will temporary give to me 12V until I find the brake. Having "hard time" locate wiring diagram for my coach.

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Google "auto reset circuit breaker" - doesn't look much like a fuse/breaker and easy to overlook. If you discover one check for continuity.
Kevin

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
There must be a fuse or circuit breaker between batteries and battery control center.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

myface
Explorer
Explorer
I do not have a shore power. Just generator to charge my batteries. My computer runs of 1000W inverter.

myface
Explorer
Explorer
The battery switch, by the door, is going to solenoid. The solenoid work. I check the voltage with on and off. Somewhere I lost connection to control box. Are you suspecting that my charger may have something to do with?.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
OP has another post that clarifies some questions.
Other post

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow