cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need advice

Bass_Man2
Explorer
Explorer
I just set up my camper and the toilet black water is over flowing. What's the issue??
24 REPLIES 24

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
winniman wrote:
Im going to guess the OP is too embarrassed to come back. I personally have seen two different incidents where newbies flooded their rv by hooking up the hose to the blackwater tank flush. One was a fifth wheel, the other a C class rental. Im sure you would be heading to the rent all to rent a shop vac.
The guy doing the PDI on mine actually told me to do this - his instructions to flush the black tank were to close the valve, hook the hose to the flushing inlet, turn it on, and have someone - your wife he said, watch by looking down to toilet. She came around the corner and said watch what? I looked at the guy and said you tell her..
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
If I have a serious issue I need help with, you can bet I will be checking early and often to see if someone can help.

Yes, it can happen, and could be true, but...

Posting once and then sitting back to watch the furball is generally a hoax.

Maybe the OP's laptop fried when he was reading the threads and trying to stop the leak in real time. Water damage to the laptop.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

winniman
Explorer
Explorer
Im going to guess the OP is too embarrassed to come back. I personally have seen two different incidents where newbies flooded their rv by hooking up the hose to the blackwater tank flush. One was a fifth wheel, the other a C class rental. Im sure you would be heading to the rent all to rent a shop vac.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
mileshuff wrote:
It could easily be legit. Beginners make alot of mistakes. I'm sure many here have done some odd things!

I've seen the following at RV resorts multiple times.
Open the black tank valve before hooking up the sewer hose.
Forget to put stabilizers down on a pop up tent trailer, then crawl into bed.
Using a Flush King type device with both it's valve and sewer valve closed.
Driving away with antenna still up.
Not moving all items out of the way before retracting slide.
Leaving tank valve open when driving away. Anything still in tank from not being level now comes out.
Driving off with steps or stabilizers down.
Getting stuck on curvy roads with signs that say 3 or more axles not allowed.
You didn't mention the one We saw in Tn., Driving off with the awning still out.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
Even the experienced sometimes fail miserably.
My 56yr old brother removes his water pump in winter and just last spring forgot to reinstall it......flooded his entire trailer at the CG hooked up to city.

It was something to see.

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer
mileshuff wrote:
It could easily be legit. Beginners make alot of mistakes. I'm sure many here have done some odd things!

Leaving tank valve open when driving away. Anything still in tank from not being level now comes out.

Driving off without unplugging the shore power cord!
Pulling out, leaving the camping partner in the bathroom.
Fail to remove wheel chalks.
Roll up the manual awning then flipping the lock lever (parachute deploys soon after hitting the road).

The list goes on.
2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
What difference does it make?

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think it could be and likely is a legitimate issue. Could easily happen. Sorta funny but not for the poor guy that it happened to. Either way, it brought a real possibility to the forefront and we all had a chuckle and the OP's expense.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Youngm3571
Explorer
Explorer
Just make sure youโ€™ve got separate hoses for each!

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Time for you to do some reading on basic RVing. Iโ€™ve never seen a new RV with a black tank flush that wasnโ€™t very clearly marked.
Put yourself in the OP's shoes - finds an RV forum to ask about an issue he's having and gets responses like this bozo. Stop scratching your heads wondering why he's not coming back or if it is a scam post.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer

2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think it's legit.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
magicbus wrote:
way2roll wrote:
Why am I thinking this is a fake post. New member, no other posts, hasn't returned, no real details...
Same thought here... Kind of like the Snake Repellent post.

Dave

Some disgruntled former member that got booted off and periodically creates a new profile to post odd things to see how much of other people's time they can waste.

Maybe it's legit, who knows. But the limited details and no return is a red flag. I mean, if you took the time to create a profile and ask a question about a serious issue, wouldn't you provide a lot more details and then return to see if there was help?

Moderators are really good at censoring and removing posts they have an issue with, why isn't the system set up so that the first post of any new member goes directly to the mods?

Oh well, not worth getting worked up over, it's just an RV forum.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
way2roll wrote:
Why am I thinking this is a fake post. New member, no other posts, hasn't returned, no real details...
Same thought here... Kind of like the Snake Repellent post.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36