Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Verizon 5g as hotspot if anyone has it yet
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Verizon 5g as hotspot if anyone has it yet

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/20 11:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

winniman wrote:

Johno02 wrote:

Besides blasting you brain from the ear in with higher power micro radio waves. Might as well stick you head in a microwave and see if you can watch video on the back of your eyeballs. And how many of our really smart folks can't realize this?? Anyone realize what they burn cancer out of your brain with?? Try focusing a magnifing glass on an ant sometime...

Besides the possibility of the unknown 5g microwaves on our health, one thing I found interesting, was a program I watched that said they will have to keep 4g as well, as 5g is so finicky, they will need to supplement it with 4g to keep it constant. This show suggested driverless vehicles will have to use 4g technology due to the fact 5g is so limited in distance. They also stated that much of the 5g infrastructure will be many years away from being completed, as it is going to cost billions to implement it. Guess who is going to pay for that. Do we really need to cook ourselves so we can upload a movie a couple seconds faster. Having transmitters every 900 feet with 4g, plus 5g transmitters is going to cause health concerns. How about if all the big players add their own transmitters every 900 feet. You could have three sets of transmitters in front of your house. Wow, gotta love technology.

But doesn't your tinfoil hat stop that? Where do you find tinfoil these days anyway?

Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2012 Ford F-350 4WD Lariat 6.7L
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

ItsyRV

Desert SW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/20 11:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agesilaus wrote:

But doesn't your tinfoil hat stop that? Where do you find tinfoil these days anyway?

Walmart!
Tin Foil Hat

They also sell it for your pets...
Tin Foil Cat Hat

And for the fashionable women, try this:
Tin Foil Shower Cap for Women

1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/20 11:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ItsyRV wrote:

agesilaus wrote:

Walmart!
Tin Foil Hat

They also sell it for your pets...
Tin Foil Cat Hat

And for the fashionable women, try this:
Tin Foil Shower Cap for Women

Just proves my point, the first is mylar which is aluminized plastic, and the last one is aluminum foil. Maybe aluminum doesn't block the harmful brain waves like the real tinfoil used to do?

winniman

muskoka Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/20 11:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agesilaus wrote:

winniman wrote:

Johno02 wrote:

Besides blasting you brain from the ear in with higher power micro radio waves. Might as well stick you head in a microwave and see if you can watch video on the back of your eyeballs. And how many of our really smart folks can't realize this?? Anyone realize what they burn cancer out of your brain with?? Try focusing a magnifing glass on an ant sometime...

Besides the possibility of the unknown 5g microwaves on our health, one thing I found interesting, was a program I watched that said they will have to keep 4g as well, as 5g is so finicky, they will need to supplement it with 4g to keep it constant. This show suggested driverless vehicles will have to use 4g technology due to the fact 5g is so limited in distance. They also stated that much of the 5g infrastructure will be many years away from being completed, as it is going to cost billions to implement it. Guess who is going to pay for that. Do we really need to cook ourselves so we can upload a movie a couple seconds faster. Having transmitters every 900 feet with 4g, plus 5g transmitters is going to cause health concerns. How about if all the big players add their own transmitters every 900 feet. You could have three sets of transmitters in front of your house. Wow, gotta love technology.

No need for a tin foil hat. You just bury your head in the sand, and all is good.

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/20 11:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This sure makes me want to run down to Verizon for a new S-10+, and pay a $200+ premium on it so that it's 5G capable. The gullibility of people is amazing.

Note 5G does not work on Pennsylvania Ave between the Capitol and White House. But neither does most of the people traveling it LOL.

[image]

Meanwhile, T Mobile will have you believe they have a good 30% of the land area of the US covered with 5G at least.

[image]

* This post was edited 01/13/20 11:37am by GDS-3950BH *

Arlington, VA

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/20 04:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My office is located within the largest 5G area on the National Mall in DC, as indicated by Verizon. Though no one in my office has a 5G capable phone yet? In any case, may be a good senario for us, as the mobile cos. prefer to park their trailer/antenna 4G rigs on our property, as we have unobstructed coverage area on the Mall.

Not really interested in a 5G phone myself, at this time.

* This post was edited 01/13/20 05:21pm by 1492 *

mikestock

Vestavia Hills, AL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/20 05:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I must admit I know little about 5G except it means 5th generation. Up until now, every generation meant an improvement over the old generation. If it's not better, what's it all about?

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/20 05:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mikestock wrote:

I must admit I know little about 5G except it means 5th generation. Up until now, every generation meant an improvement over the old generation. If it's not better, what's it all about?

Speed wise it is much much better. Problem is going to be in general access for everyone.

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/20 05:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Making money, what else?

winniman

muskoka Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/20 06:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mikestock wrote:

It is not JUST the next generation of internet, it uses much more concentrated microwaves than any of the previous versions. But alas, I will be accused of needing a tin foil hat. The current version of phones are unhealthy to be held near your body. I cant wait for the next high powered version to come out.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Verizon 5g as hotspot if anyone has it yet
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.