cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TV went out, easy fix.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some of you will know this but it may help others.
Our 2 TV cable set up at the house went up. One worked, the other had no signal. After following the turn off unplug protocols from other outages I called tech. Told me to switch HDMI ports on the TV. Bingo!
Evidently they go bad, who knew.
Puma 30RKSS
3 REPLIES 3

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
I know how to check source before I call for help. Spectrum tech went right to hdmi after I told her what I had already checked. This was all on a phone call BTW. I have a neighbor who has lost 3 out of 4 hdmi ports on one of his tvs.
It must be fairly common for tech support to go right to it. I had just never heard of it and wanted to share.
Puma 30RKSS

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
thinking out loud, and I've never seen this happen, but maybe HDMI-1 had a corroded connector?

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
It is possible the port went bad. More than likely what really happened was your input source selected was changed from HDMI-1 to HDMI-2. Or.....if your wife is anything like mine, she rearranged the furniture (monthly at my house) and unplugged the cord and plugged it back into the different HDMI port.

In most cases it is easier for a tech to tell you to change the plug than it is to talk you through the process of changing the source input when the process is different on every brand of TV.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500