cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POPS RV (broker) - Feedback?

a64armt
Explorer
Explorer
We are on the hunt for a used 5er’ and have found at least one through POP’s RV, a nationwide broker. When I inquired about a unit, I get their broker as a mediator. After some questions, I made a verbal offer to see if the seller and I were in the same ball park. The broker requires a formal offer.

Has anyone user POP’s and should I be overly cautious with their forms and methods? Should I run and just find a private seller or retail location?

Thanks,
OJ
Vincent
Orlando, FL
2008 Ford F250 CC KR 6.4 Diesel - Air Lift 5000 Ultimate w/wireless air, Bilstein 4600 HD’s, Hellwig BigWig Sway bars, Pullrite Super Rails, Hensley BD3
2014 Lifestyle RV LS36FW
12 REPLIES 12

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
bid_time wrote:
Give him your phone number and the price your willing to pay (out the door) and tell him to call you back when the seller will accept your offer - then you will submit the required paperwork, down payment, etc. As long as you are holding the bag with "all" the money in it, you have all the power. Everyone else wants your money bag - don't give it to them until you get the assurance you need.
^^^This.^^^
If they sniff a sale, you WILL hear from them. If you don't hear back, then you have the answer you are looking for.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
a64armt wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
In my opinion people are wasting there time and money with Pops's RVs. When I was looking all of the units I would've been interested in were over priced by a lot. And as you are finding out getting a straight answer is difficult if not impossible! I'm sure they are legit, but they make the buying process and getting info difficult.

That has been my initial impression as well, even after 1 unit. Their offer is 3 pages and, there is a buyers fee of $389. I was just looking for a verbal on how far apart we were on price, which would ensure I don’t waste their time (or mine).

I am hesitant to sign any contract, I may just walk away from this one.

Thanks
OJ

I see nothing wrong with requiring a written offer to make sure you're a serious buyer. The $389 fee is a deal breaker for me though because they're making their money off the seller. But it's their business so their rules. I agree with the others; I'd walk.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

a64armt
Explorer
Explorer
Ron3rd wrote:
Jebby14 wrote:
^ NO ITS NOT

a consignment sale charges the seller a commission off the sale not the buyer.........

Correct in most cases if seen. Though not set in stone, many take 10% of the top of the sale from the SELLER. Percentages will vary.

The buyer is not normally charged anything other than any mandatory state fees, etc.

This is what really surprised me. I expected the broker to take a fee or percentage off the seller, but to require fees from the buyer.... immediate turn off and red flags.
Vincent
Orlando, FL
2008 Ford F250 CC KR 6.4 Diesel - Air Lift 5000 Ultimate w/wireless air, Bilstein 4600 HD’s, Hellwig BigWig Sway bars, Pullrite Super Rails, Hensley BD3
2014 Lifestyle RV LS36FW

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Jebby14 wrote:
^ NO ITS NOT

a consignment sale charges the seller a commission off the sale not the buyer.........

Correct in most cases if seen. Though not set in stone, many take 10% of the top of the sale from the SELLER. Percentages will vary.

The buyer is not normally charged anything other than any mandatory state fees, etc.
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
^ NO ITS NOT

Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Jebby14 wrote:
so I have to pay you to buy from you. screw that. run don't walk

That’s pretty much how a broker works. They’re not charity organizations.
Not saying I’d use one, but if you want the (RV, vehicle, etc) they they have been tasked with selling by the owner of the object then you gotta pay to play.
Maybe they should “market” themselves different net and “hide” their fees to make some fell better?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Check out pplmotorhomes in Texas. They sell trailers, motohomes etc on consignment and have a good reputation
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

bid_time
Explorer
Explorer
Give him your phone number and the price your willing to pay (out the door) and tell him to call you back when the seller will accept your offer - then you will submit the required paperwork, down payment, etc. As long as you are holding the bag with "all" the money in it, you have all the power. Everyone else wants your money bag - don't give it to them until you get the assurance you need.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
a64armt wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
In my opinion people are wasting there time and money with Pops's RVs. When I was looking all of the units I would've been interested in were over priced by a lot. And as you are finding out getting a straight answer is difficult if not impossible! I'm sure they are legit, but they make the buying process and getting info difficult.

That has been my initial impression as well, even after 1 unit. Their offer is 3 pages and, there is a buyers fee of $389. I was just looking for a verbal on how far apart we were on price, which would ensure I don’t waste their time (or mine).

Thanks
OJ

Ya, I have never looked that far into it. But if they are expecting me to pay them for me to buy someone’s RV then there is no deal!

I hope people that search for Pop’s RV come across this post in their searches and realize what a waste of time and money it is for them.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
so I have to pay you to buy from you. screw that. run don't walk
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

a64armt
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:

Thanks
OJ
Vincent
Orlando, FL
2014 Lifestyle RV LS36FW

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!