Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Beginning RVing: POPS RV (broker) - Feedback?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> POPS RV (broker) - Feedback?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
a64armt

Greencastle PA

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/20 05:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are on the hunt for a used 5er’ and have found at least one through POP’s RV, a nationwide broker. When I inquired about a unit, I get their broker as a mediator. After some questions, I made a verbal offer to see if the seller and I were in the same ball park. The broker requires a formal offer.

Has anyone user POP’s and should I be overly cautious with their forms and methods? Should I run and just find a private seller or retail location?

Thanks,
OJ

Vincent
Greencastle PA
2008 Ford F250 CC KR 6.4 Diesel - Air Lift 5000 Ultimate w/wireless air, Bilstein 4600 HD’s, Hellwig BigWig Sway bars, Pullrite Super Rails, Hensley BD3

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/20 05:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In my opinion people are wasting there time and money with Pops's RVs. When I was looking all of the units I would've been interested in were over priced by a lot. And as you are finding out getting a straight answer is difficult if not impossible! I'm sure they are legit, but they make the buying process and getting info difficult.

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

a64armt

Greencastle PA

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/20 05:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

In my opinion people are wasting there time and money with Pops's RVs. When I was looking all of the units I would've been interested in were over priced by a lot. And as you are finding out getting a straight answer is difficult if not impossible! I'm sure they are legit, but they make the buying process and getting info difficult.

That has been my initial impression as well, even after 1 unit. Their offer is 3 pages and, there is a buyers fee of $389. I was just looking for a verbal on how far apart we were on price, which would ensure I don’t waste their time (or mine).

I am hesitant to sign any contract, I may just walk away from this one.

Thanks
OJ

Jebby14

Windsor Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/20 07:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

so I have to pay you to buy from you. screw that. run don't walk

If it moves and it shouldn't..... duct tape
if it doesn't move and it should.....WD40
if all else fails .....BFH

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/20 09:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

a64armt wrote:

dodge guy wrote:

That has been my initial impression as well, even after 1 unit. Their offer is 3 pages and, there is a buyers fee of $389. I was just looking for a verbal on how far apart we were on price, which would ensure I don’t waste their time (or mine).

I am hesitant to sign any contract, I may just walk away from this one.

Thanks
OJ

Ya, I have never looked that far into it. But if they are expecting me to pay them for me to buy someone’s RV then there is no deal!

I hope people that search for Pop’s RV come across this post in their searches and realize what a waste of time and money it is for them.

* This post was edited 01/14/20 02:15pm by dodge guy *

bid_time

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/20 10:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Give him your phone number and the price your willing to pay (out the door) and tell him to call you back when the seller will accept your offer - then you will submit the required paperwork, down payment, etc. As long as you are holding the bag with "all" the money in it, you have all the power. Everyone else wants your money bag - don't give it to them until you get the assurance you need.

Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/16/20 09:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check out pplmotorhomes in Texas. They sell trailers, motohomes etc on consignment and have a good reputation

2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/16/20 09:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jebby14 wrote:

so I have to pay you to buy from you. screw that. run don't walk

That’s pretty much how a broker works. They’re not charity organizations.
Not saying I’d use one, but if you want the (RV, vehicle, etc) they they have been tasked with selling by the owner of the object then you gotta pay to play.
Maybe they should “market” themselves different net and “hide” their fees to make some fell better?

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Jebby14

Windsor Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 01/16/20 10:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^ NO ITS NOT

a consignment sale charges the seller a commission off the sale not the buyer.........

Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/16/20 12:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jebby14 wrote:

^ NO ITS NOT

a consignment sale charges the seller a commission off the sale not the buyer.........

Correct in most cases if seen. Though not set in stone, many take 10% of the top of the sale from the SELLER. Percentages will vary.

The buyer is not normally charged anything other than any mandatory state fees, etc.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> POPS RV (broker) - Feedback?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.