Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: Dually Valve Stems
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> Dually Valve Stems

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
klutchdust

Orange, California

View Profile

Posted: 01/16/20 09:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ItsyRV wrote:

Sam Spade wrote:

ItsyRV wrote:

For those with the stems in the rim, how do you handle tire rotation?

An RV owner who rotates his tires ?????
I didn't think such an animal existed.

Really folks.....for the 95% or so of owners who do NOT rotate their tires.....just put a short, straight stem on your outside dual and be done with it.

Simple, cheap and easy.

[emoticon]
I guess I'm a rare breed. It seems like a really cheap cost to get them inspected and rotated. Because of that, I never understood why a person would install a valve in the rim that was tire position specific since it would no longer serve it's purpose when tire is moved to another location. But, if rotating tires isn't something most RVers do, guess that answers my question.

My outside rims are aluminum and the inside of the duals are steel. To rotate, the tires have to be removed from the rims etc. When it went in for alignment the shop did that for me but I won't do it again.
When a tire shows wear it will be replaced. I was trying to keep all the tires in the same tread pattern but the new michelins are slightly different than the older model tires.
On my other vehicles tire rotation AND including the spare on my new JL is important, the motorhome not so much.
In all my travels I have yet to find a need to add air to my tires when on the road.

F1bNorm

Gardena, CA

View Profile

Posted: 01/16/20 01:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’m basically using the same setup as Klutchdust. One way valve caps and extended dual head air chucks BUT for my dualies, I can’t use the style chuck pictured. There are two types of dual head chucks (that I know of), one that is straight with the rear facing chuck angled (pictured) and another that has both chucks at an angle. Mine is the latter. Because of different wheel and extention configurations, I don’t think there is one solution that will fit all.

Norm

klutchdust wrote:

I have standard valve stems, I installed valve stem caps that cover the stem yet allow air to go into the tire and use long reach air chuck and tire gauge.
No problem.
Add a drop of paint pen on the rim where the inside stem is so you know where it is.

[image]

[image]

F1BNorm

RambleOnNW

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/16/20 03:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Borg solid stems in the rear and standard short stem in the front. Have TST 507 sensors attached all around, flow throughs on the rear and non-flow throughs on the front. This setup has worked great for years.

2006 Jayco 28', E450 6.8L V10, Bilstein HDs,
Roadmaster Anti-Sway Bars, Blue Ox TigerTrak

Harvey51

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 01/18/20 12:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

X2 on Kluchdust’s tools. I asked Costco tire shop to use slightly longer rubber stems and have no trouble checking pressures or airing up.

2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> Dually Valve Stems
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.